out of balance?

Have a favorite combination? Need new tires? What size wheels fit a Beretta? Ask here...
themadness

out of balance?

Post by themadness »

how do i check for an out of balance wheel? i put my wheels on and today was my first cruise down the interstate. i noticed a vibration around 65 that wasnt there before. it seems to be on the front driver side.is there anything i can do to confirm it and what can i do until i can get it to a shop?

heavywoody
Global Moderator

Re: out of balance?

Post by heavywoody »

Take it to a shop unless you have a balancing machine at home.

Geoff
95 Z26 Turbo 3400 5spd - R&D Project
Beretta Preservation Society - Director of Acquisitions
themadness

Post by themadness »

certainly going to take it to a shop. i was just trying to find a way to narrow down, to be sure its not a suspension issue or something.

will moving the wheels around help it any until after the first of the month? (i'm broke)

96B-Mike

Post by 96B-Mike »

my aftermarket wheels does the same thing..and the wheels were balanced before i put em on?

Barry
Global Moderator

Post by Barry »

Rotate it to another part of the car and see if anything changes. Make sure your mating surfaces are clean on the wheel and the hub.

Could be bent also, check that too

Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

Don't forget to clean the inside of your wheels. Grease can drop from the tie rod ends and land on the wheels. If your like me you try to put just enough in and end up putting too much somehow. Also sometimes a wheel weight can fly off.

keep'em flying!
SuzukiGhostRider

Post by SuzukiGhostRider »

Probably wheel balance. If it only occurs above 60mph and goes away around 80mph, it's wheel balance.

And even if it was bent, unless it was bad, it can still be balanced out properly. It just takes more weights.