Right flasher stays on

Have a flashing light? Gauges acting funny? Bad idle? Get your problems solved...
Dukenukemx

Right flasher stays on

Post by Dukenukemx »

My right turn signal stays on, but will flash when I turn it on. It also flashes when I put on the hazard lights. The front right turn lights aren't on, but will blink when I use the turn signal. Have no idea what's the cause. Relay or flasher maybe? Not sure if there's a relay for the turn signal.

It's a 1990 3.1L Beretta GT.

Money pit Beretta

Re: Right flasher stays on

Post by Money pit Beretta »

When it flashes does it flash fast or normal speed? Fast means that a bulb in the front or rear is out. Just FYI there is a flasher.

keep'em flying!
1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

Either a shorted flasher or multi fun switch is trashed.

_________
-------------
NJ93TY

Post by NJ93TY »

Check your bulb sockets on the right side. I had the exact same problem, it was the R/F bulb socket.

DOHC_tuner

Post by DOHC_tuner »

Same here, it was my bulb on the front.

Dukenukemx

Post by Dukenukemx »

I changed the front right bulb and it seems to have worked, until it happened again today. There's still more bulbs to check on.

Dukenukemx

Post by Dukenukemx »

Still didn't fix the problem. Today was a nice day, so I decided to try and trace the problem. There seems to be a bad ground to those bulbs. The front right has a dark blue wire for ground, while the left side has a light blue wire. It's the dark blue wire that needs to be fixed. I tested it with my tester light, and it barely turned on.

So, anyone happen to know where the ground is for the blue wire? Better yet, anyone with a diagram?

1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

The ext. headlight harness has a splice for grounding to chassis I think in two spots. One by the battery near the prop rod and the other by the bumper impact horn on the pass side.

_________
-------------
Dukenukemx

Post by Dukenukemx »

Well I checked out the grounds you mentioned 1988GTU, but I've only found the one near the battery which I've cleaned before winter came. The passenger side I couldn't find, which is the one that has the problem. All I saw was the horn and it's ground, which I took the time to clean. About 10 years ago I installed hella horns and just crimped the wiring. Today I solder and shrink wrap all my wiring which is what I did to that horn.

So I still haven't found the ground. The blinker works fine when it rains though.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Two grounds on the headlight/parking light harness. They are not located near the lights themselves.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Dukenukemx

Post by Dukenukemx »

Thanks 3X00-Modified. I'll take another look see today. Maybe the ground I'm looking for is under the coolant reservoir.