Wiper motor removal.

Have a flashing light? Gauges acting funny? Bad idle? Get your problems solved...
Smitty

Wiper motor removal.

Post by Smitty »

After searching the forum I found out the best way to seal the left side leak is to remove the wiper motor and seal that whole area. Problem is I am having a heck of a time doing it. I can get the top 2 but just looking at the motor I cannot figure out any way to get to the bottom one? Maybe put the car on ramps and try from the bottom?

I am soo close to getting the car done. I opened up the trunk a few weeks ago to find a pool of standing water in the trunk and after looking around the site I knew I had to seal the roof line going back to the trunk-success! It feels great to tackle a problem and get results. Almost everything works just need to get to that one area to seal.

Money pit Beretta

Re: Wiper motor removal.

Post by Money pit Beretta »

Did you get that third bolt out? I've had mine in and out a few times with no problems.

keep'em flying!
Rettax3

Post by Rettax3 »

I pulled my wiper motor from my Yellow Indy a year and something ago to seal the firewall leak too, I don't recall having an issue pulling the bolts out -it could be that I left the bottom bolt in and just popped the motor out of the rubber bushing, I don't remember for sure- but I have a lot of tools for removing difficult hardware, like flex extensions, universals, and wobble-end extensions...

It sounds like it is coming back together for you really well, keep up the good work! :good:

1989 SuperCharged 3800 Srs-II (First)Six-Speed GTU
1990 Turbo 3.4 5-Speed T-Type
1990 4.0L 4-Cam 32-Valve V-8 5-Speed Indy GTi (Project)
1990 Stock(!) 3.1 MPFI Auto Indy
1995 LA1/L82 4T60E Z-26
1995 3.4 DOHC Turbo 5-Speed Z-26
Smitty

Post by Smitty »

Thank you all for your help, I am determined to do this. Heck if I can get it straightened out I might just get it repainted, lowered, back seat recovered and a new headliner (long term goals) lol. It just turned 60,000 miles so yeah, it's got some life left in it. I would love to keep it for a long time. Just got to keep at it.