Snap-On Scanner

Have a flashing light? Gauges acting funny? Bad idle? Get your problems solved...
Himes

Snap-On Scanner

Post by Himes »

I just bought an MT2500 Snap-On Scanner to check some ABS error codes on my 1995 Beretta (3.1L Engine). The ABS reading worked great and I got my ABS working again. I wasn't able to read anything off of the engine however. There isn't anything wrong and the check engine light isn't on, but I shouldn't I be able to read from the Engine with this? I used the Snap-On 12 pin GM-1 adapter to plug into the diagnostic port. These are the cartridges that came with the scanner. Thanks for any help.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Re: Snap-On Scanner

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Says thru 98.. What's the start year and what is the protocol? 95's run on OBDI protocol and not OBDII. So of this unit/cartridge doesn't support OBDI then that's why you can't read the engine computer.

Actually it says it right on it... OBDII and Bi-Directional controls... The ABS system will fall under the Bi-Directional, but the ECU itself is OBDI not OBDII so that's why you can't communicate with it.

Looks like you may need the MT2500-2900 cartridge, but I'm not positive on that, very hard to find info on this scan tool and it's add-ons since its very outdated.

http://www.iinet.com/~kayking/mt25002900.html

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

You will want the 1999 diagnostic cartridge 83/84 thru 99 it applies to for gm. May consider the VCI and TSI COMM/Troubleshooting Cartridges.

_________
-------------
Himes

Post by Himes »

Ok thanks guys I'll look up an OBD-1 cartridge. I thought maybe it supported both but I guess not. Thanks again.