Flashing SES After washing engine

Have a flashing light? Gauges acting funny? Bad idle? Get your problems solved...
White96z26

Flashing SES After washing engine

Post by White96z26 »

ok so before you rip into me, I know do not wash the engine. this was all on my pops! after he washed the car, and engine for some fucked up reason i got a flashing SES and car has an bit of a rough idle. sat over night still happening. any suggestions? when hitting the gas no stuttering but only a rough idle, does not shut off either. any suggestions?

ifixalot

Re: Flashing SES After washing engine

Post by ifixalot »

Flashing means a severe condition. Probably he got the coils and or spark plug wires wet causing a short circuit of the spark and a misfire
that the ECM is picking up. When one of my coils died, I got the flashing SES light because I had two cylinders not firing.
You have to somehow dry out the engine. Maybe use a leaf blower or a fan on the engine.
But if you got one or more of the spark plugs wet with gas due to lack of spark, you may have to change em to get rid of the miss.

White96z26

Post by White96z26 »

thanks, after letting the car sit in the sun for a good while the car is running perfectly now, just gotta get the scanner to pul the po3o# code and figure where the miss was. thanks

White96z26

Post by White96z26 »

just read the scan, number two misfire