speed sensor

Have a flashing light? Gauges acting funny? Bad idle? Get your problems solved...

speed sensor

Post by Guest »

The speed sensor in my 88 beretta base is bad, and I have no real idea on where to get a new one. Would I be able to just go down to the dealership and have them order one for me? Since im going to be going there anyways to get the speed density update I might as well kill 2 birds with 1 stone if I can. I tried getting one from Advance Auto, but the one they sold me was for a car with an automatic transmission, and I have a 5spd. I"ve looked all over the net and can't seem to find anywhere that has a speed sensor for sale for a 5spd 2.8l 88 beretta. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated as I currently can't tell how fast im going when im driving.

speed sensor

Post by Guest »

Heheh, I feel for ya man. ÂÂÂ I went through this myself a few months ago, except I needed a new VSS for an entirely different reason. ÂÂÂ (Mine wasn't just non-functional, it was causing electrical havoc)... ÂÂÂ Anyways, I found a good Borg Warner VSS for the 5-speed at O'Reilly's Auto Parts. ÂÂÂ They can also get it at AutoZone. ÂÂÂ If you need the part #, let me know. ÂÂÂ I still have the box the new VSS came in. ÂÂÂ I have an '88 GT with manual trans.  Wow, what a b*tch that was to get out.  The O-ring gets stuck in the trans after awhile.  As far as the speed density software update-- why do you want it? ÂÂÂ When I went to the dealership many years ago, they charged me an arm and a leg, and with the density software update, I actually noticed a DECREASE in horsepower.

speed sensor

Post by Guest »

Napa, part number VSS 217 it's about 77.00 but thats the one you need for the manual transmission.

speed sensor

Post by Guest »

ok, thanks for the info.

as for the speed density update I want it so I can use a cold air intake from tranzgenic. Have to get the update in order to remove the MAF and replace it with an IAT sensor I think...somethin like that.