Head gasket again?

Have a flashing light? Gauges acting funny? Bad idle? Get your problems solved...
aintlifegrand

Head gasket again?

Post by aintlifegrand »

95 z26 3100 auto tranny.  The  coolant is mixing with tranny fluid.  Transmission dipstick shows strawberry milkshake and coolant is thick and red.  Just did head gasket 5k miles ago. I hate my car.  Any suggestions?

aintlifegrand

Head gasket again?

Post by aintlifegrand »

After searching google, I'm guessing I just need a new radiator.  Suggestions for the best place to get one cheap?  Also, car heated up to within  1 mm of redline on temp gauge before I shut it off. (only happened once)  Think i messed up my heads?

Cliff8928
Administrator

Head gasket again?

Post by Cliff8928 »

Well, after you replace your radiator your transmission will need to be flushed.  Any coolant can cause severe damage to the transmission if left in there for a long time.

Cliff Scott
aintlifegrand

Head gasket again?

Post by aintlifegrand »

How do I flush the transmission?  As of now, the coolant-tranny fluid mixture has been in there 2-3 days.

94beretta

Head gasket again?

Post by 94beretta »

go to an oil change place and tell them you need a flush($70,or so),or buy a case or 2 of tranny fluid D/C one of the tranny cooler lines into a bucket,put a funnel in the tranny fill tube start the car and keep pouring tranny fluid(((

1994 Beretta
1988 Cutlass Supreme Classic 5.0
1990 Beretta (T-boned)