Oxygen Sensor

Have a flashing light? Gauges acting funny? Bad idle? Get your problems solved...
GcDiaz

Oxygen Sensor

Post by GcDiaz »

No, no leaks of any kind. Or if there are leaks, they evaporate super fast, because there's never anything under the car.

The only one who can miss with this gun is the sucker with the bread to buy it.

MAJ28

Oxygen Sensor

Post by MAJ28 »

I hate to say it, but at this point, I'd start shotgunning it.  I got a whole computer at my local yard for $35, it's worth a shot.

»Jason

> > > > >    1995 Z26 with 82k     > > > >      LG8 3100  ÃƒÆ’ƒÆ’ƒâ€šÃ‚   

Oxygen Sensor

Post by Guest »

Did you ever figure this out?  Your problem sounds alot like mine...

Racing_Rush

Oxygen Sensor

Post by Racing_Rush »

I supposed you already took a can of brake cleaner on a *COLD* engine while it was running and sprayed the brake cleaner over the vacuum lines, around the intake manifold, throttle body, etc. and listened for a change in idle while doing it...

One place I had a problem was on the passenger side front of the motor right on top of the watter pump.  Theres a vacuum line that comes from under the upper plenum and goes to a canister under the radiator coolant overflow.  That one fell apart on me when I touched it so I replaced it and my idle problems went away.  Its a start.

1991 Cavalier Z24- Racing seats, MSD wires, relocated MSD coils, 2.5" exhaust, ported exhaust manifolds, high volume oil pump, poly grafite front end, 92+ brake upgrade, drilled and slotted rotors, 1.5" lowering, 17" Klasse wheels...

Future Plans: 18's, paint, rear discs, more horsepower...
smitty286

Oxygen Sensor

Post by smitty286 »

On my '94, that disconnected metal line is connected to the transmission modulator valve (they went to the 3100 in '94, so the setup is slightly different).  Your transmission won't shift right without that input, and you'll tear the bands up...

leadfoot93

Oxygen Sensor

Post by leadfoot93 »

yeah i don't know if it's on the earlier cars but so far as the 93 goes there isin't one just a little plug so if it was a transfer it could be for a transmision you don't have

foot in the floor mpg about 8
smitty286

Oxygen Sensor

Post by smitty286 »

Ah, missed the comment about the swap...sorry!