Tranny Just Revs After Hard Cornering

Have a flashing light? Gauges acting funny? Bad idle? Get your problems solved...
badbluballinGTX

Post by badbluballinGTX »

So if i'm driving down the road and i take a hard turn and stomp on it, or a hard u-turn and stomp on it, its like the tranny slips into neutral and just revs for a second and i let of and just accelerate normal and its fine. its a 94 z26 3100 4t60-e and i'm wondering is this normal for the transmission or is mine probably on its way out? i'm in the middle of a 3400 swap and the tranny i bought for didnt work out so i'm wondering if i should have more down time to wait on a rebuild or throw in my old tranny and drive it until it goes? thanks in advance for help, advice, etc

1994 Z26
IsaacHayes

Post by IsaacHayes »

Not sure what that could be. I had to put in a bottle of gm trans seal conditioner to swell the seals in mine and it's like a new transmision. Not saying that will cure your problem, but it might help just about all high milage 4T60-E trans.

Image Image 2010 project (click pic)
1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles.
16.0 @ 84.41mph when stock. Now ???
Original L82 w/LA1, LX9, & LX5 parts!!!

soon to be OBD1 tuned...
1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

Sounds like the front pump becoming weak & then TC not getting enough fluid.

_________
-------------
IsaacHayes

Post by IsaacHayes »

Not sure if this is similar to what you experience or not either, but before I used the additive, sometimes when I had it in OD and it would downshift it would stay in neutral and spin. But if I was in D it wouldn't skip. After the additve I can down shift ever time from OD and it goes. I think when in OD it will go straight to first instead of 3-2-1 like D. Anyways I had that problem crop up a few times long before I coulnd't shif it into gear when cold.

Image Image 2010 project (click pic)
1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles.
16.0 @ 84.41mph when stock. Now ???
Original L82 w/LA1, LX9, & LX5 parts!!!

soon to be OBD1 tuned...