NO lights?

Have a flashing light? Gauges acting funny? Bad idle? Get your problems solved...
GTZ&IROC-Z

NO lights?

Post by GTZ&IROC-Z »

I was driving back from school when my radio went out and i noticed i had no interior lights. Later as it got darker i tried to turn my headlights on and they didnt work either. Ive lost all power going to these 4 fuses. #7-(20 AMP) Parking and side marker lamps, #11-(20 AMP) Courtesy lamps, Clock, door locks, horn, audible warning system. Radio-cd #13-(5 AMP) Instrument panel lamps and finally #17-(3 AMP) S.I.R. Ive checked all my fuses and they are good, ive already replaced the headlight switch and it still wont work. Ive even replaced the computer and still nothing. I think ive narrowed it down to either fusible links or the DRL control modual. I have a 1991 GTZ with a 3.1 but im lost. Ive checked my grounds too, they're ok, everything else works and its drivable, thats why im lost

------------------------------His--------------------------------------------------
1991 GTZ, White on Black Interior, 3.1 3 speed auto

-----------------------------Hers-------------------------------------------------
1990 GT, Black on Red Interior, 3.1 5 Speed Stick  
GTZ&IROC-Z

NO lights?

Post by GTZ&IROC-Z »

I've figured it out, incase anyone runs into this problem. Check all your main power sources first, i lost a fusible link by the starter, i cut it out along with the corroted wire and instead of putting another one in i soldered a piece of wire in and now all is well. ÂÂÂ  If that doesn't work it may be your DRL modual, but you better hope not considering its $200 +TX (CDN) at the dealer, not to mention its behind the center of the dash board.

------------------------------His--------------------------------------------------
1991 GTZ, White on Black Interior, 3.1 3 speed auto

-----------------------------Hers-------------------------------------------------
1990 GT, Black on Red Interior, 3.1 5 Speed Stick