3.1 mpfi

Have a flashing light? Gauges acting funny? Bad idle? Get your problems solved...
Hell_raiser

3.1 mpfi

Post by Hell_raiser »

i dono why but i have checked every thing i can think of yes it has broken vac lines but i replaced them wit rubber tubes i wana know if the rubber my not be good enough maybe its clapsing i had the upper intake of i have yet to replace a broken gasket there is no gasket at all i cleaned the egr it has new plugs wires swaped aic with one off a 95 3.1 could this just be my tps i hope it ant the computer i do get a ses light service engine soon when that coms on it runs like poop and starts reving from 500 to 1000 rpm i need help i wont drive it well its stallin

Hell_raiser

3.1 mpfi

Post by Hell_raiser »

also i get a ticking sound from my uperintake plenulem it  think it could be the aic sensor any clue on if one of a 95 cutless is  the same 3.1 sfi

wil_wil2

3.1 mpfi

Post by wil_wil2 »

I am having trouble understanding what your problem is.

Jeff P

3.1 mpfi

Post by Jeff P »

Capital letters and punctuation would really help the readability of your post.  What problem are you trying to fix?  And what year is the car?  Sounds like '90-'93.

-Jeff P.
Black '88 Beretta GT
Spice Red '06 GTO

Previously Owned:
'89 GT, '91 GT, '92 GTZ (12.95@105 mph), '01 Bonneville SSEi
Hell_raiser

3.1 mpfi

Post by Hell_raiser »

my bad. lack of sleep that day lol. ok im getting stalling . there is no upper intake gaskets on it. and im getting code 23. its a 90 its also got 300 000 kms  

Jeff P

3.1 mpfi

Post by Jeff P »

The TPS could be part of the problem, but the Code 23 is the first thing that should be fixed.  This code is caused by a bad or disconnected IAT sensor (Intake Air Temperature), which is the temperature sensor mounted in the back of your airbox.  It can also be caused by broken wiring.  Just make sure it is plugged in and the wiring is in good condition.  If everything looks okay you'll need to test the sensor and wires.

-Jeff P.
Black '88 Beretta GT
Spice Red '06 GTO

Previously Owned:
'89 GT, '91 GT, '92 GTZ (12.95@105 mph), '01 Bonneville SSEi