Clutch Bleeding Problem

Have a flashing light? Gauges acting funny? Bad idle? Get your problems solved...

Clutch Bleeding Problem

Post by Guest »

I have a 1990 Berretta and it doesn't have a bleeder type slave cylinder on the clutch system.  The slave just has a hole where a swivel connection on the exit end of the clutch line tubing.  Apperently I have air in my line somewhere cause I have to pump my clutch pettal a few time before I can initially get it into gear without grinding gears and then I have to go all the way to the floor with the peddal before I get my clutch to engauge.  ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!

MAJ28

Clutch Bleeding Problem

Post by MAJ28 »

I read the whole post and I can't find the board suggestion...   hmmm.

> > > > >    1995 Z26 with 82k     > > > >      LG8 3100  ÃƒÆ’ƒÆ’ƒâ€šÃ‚   
brilamb2

Clutch Bleeding Problem

Post by brilamb2 »

put it up on ramps
remove the slave cyl from the tranny
make sure ur reservoir is full first
with the slavepointing down, slowly press in on the pintle, IT WILL BE HARD TO PUSH!
do this about 10-15 times
put the slave back on the tranny,  be careful, it is kinda hard to push on.
the prob is this is a completely sealed system, and it SHOULDNT getair into it, however it does happen. ÂÂÂ
4 cyl or 6?
one thing to watch for is ur ac lines  they run directly underyour slave, and if your tranny mount is sagging, it will cause the slaveto have pressure on it, making it crack.  let me know if this will help u.  pm me if u have any questions.  And just for reference, my retta is a 90 gt 3.1/ 5sp, and if u canttell i had the same prob     ÂÂÂ
   engineers ran those line in just the wrong spot!

90_Black_GTZ

Clutch Bleeding Problem

Post by 90_Black_GTZ »

I've also heard of a whole assembly you can get from GM that has the Master and Slave together, just pull yours out and replace.  As you said, it's a sealed system.  I believe mine is failing (fight to get it into 2nd gear, crunches going into third sometimes) and have thought about doing that.  It does have some major miles on it!

90 Black GTZ (I am the original owner since May 5, 1990)
187,000 miles