Wiper Fluid Not Coming Out

Have a flashing light? Gauges acting funny? Bad idle? Get your problems solved...

Post by Guest »

last winter my wiper fluid didnt come out and it really sucks having to pull over every 5 miles and throw snow on it...so does any one know how to fix it...i mean u press for it and the wipers go but nothing comes out and it sux

gtuturbo

Post by gtuturbo »

Hear the wiper motor working by chance?  

Paul Keller
1988 Chevrolet Beretta GTU (turbocharged) (bought new in August 1988)
1966 Oldsmobile Cutlass Convertible
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT
2017 Kia Sorento V6 AWD
2017 GMC Acadia SLE-1
Scanman88GT

Post by Scanman88GT »

You may want to check all your hoses between the fluid reservoir and your fluid pump on your wiper motor, to make sure that they're not off, or split.

You might also take a look at those little nozzle pieces that clip onto your windshield wiper arms to check if they are blocked with anything.There are also some small pieces of rubber tubing that run along your wiper arms to connect to these nozzle pieces.

All this is assuming that you hear your pump going when you push in the wiper button. If it's the wiper pump, they're pretty easy to replace and are usually under $20 or so.

1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

I've had mine to where it made all the noises of working, but wouldn't spit right.  It would sometimes spurt a little, or not shoot out anything at all.  
My pump gear was missing a chunk out of it due to the fact someone did me a favor & filled it up with cheap solvent so it froze up in the pump.    YAY!!!  ... riight

_________
-------------