throttle body gasket ?

Have a flashing light? Gauges acting funny? Bad idle? Get your problems solved...
ozzy

throttle body gasket ?

Post by ozzy »

after putting a bunch of stuff into my 1990 2.2 tbi  i had a guy tell me last night my problem may infact be a leaking gasket at the thorttle body...fluxuating idle and bogging down at a rapid acceleration are the symptoms..other wise if i take off like a little old lady it runs just fine...is this gasket any big deal to replace?..i called a local shop yesterday and they quoted around 120 bucks...thanks for any reply

joez2872

throttle body gasket ?

Post by joez2872 »

do it yourself  my 3.1z26 was easy 2 bolts and good 2 go ,, save that 120 for your pockect  t-body gaskets are easy  be happy its not your intake gasket goodluck

96z263.1(3100)
pearl white
STAVEN (CT)
H/F/D
Jeff P

throttle body gasket ?

Post by Jeff P »

I'm pretty sure the 2.2 doesn't have a throttle body gasket since the throttle body is molded into the upper intake/plenum.  You may have a clogged fuel filter or air filter, low fuel pressure, a torque converter clutch solenoid that is staying locked...clogged exhaust?  On rapid acceleration does it continue to bog until you release the accelerator, or is it just a temporary thing?  Check for a vacuum leak (broken, cracked hose).  It also may be a number of different sensors or even PCV valve.  Sorry I can't be more specific, I haven't worked with the 2.2.

-Jeff P.
Black '88 Beretta GT
Spice Red '06 GTO

Previously Owned:
'89 GT, '91 GT, '92 GTZ (12.95@105 mph), '01 Bonneville SSEi
ozzy

throttle body gasket ?

Post by ozzy »

just replaced the pvc..new 02 ..cleaned the egr..new air filter...had intake gasket replaced..new ecm installed..new mas..new coolant temp sensor...new plugs...wire's...yup...just going from a full stop like if your at a light or at a slight roll and you put the gas to the floor  fast is when it bogs..and pop's at the throttle body..once i back off and depress the accelerator  sllower it runs great..,,fuel pressure is good...car runs fine otherwise..can clip along the e way at 85 no problem. and even hit passing gear at full power  .  i just use this to get to and from work so in the worst case i can live with it but i rather not..overdrive was shot so i disconnected that and just recently had the the tranny flushed and filled....thanks for the advice

Mr Goodwrench

throttle body gasket ?

Post by Mr Goodwrench »

U may have a pluged injector filter or a injector thats taking a crap.  seen a few of 2.0 injectors  just not spray right when they get older..  also check your tps sensor to make shur its reading correctly..

Mr Goodwrench

1988GTU

throttle body gasket ?

Post by 1988GTU »

Coils/ignition module is most likely taking a dump on you.

_________
-------------
ozzy

throttle body gasket ?

Post by ozzy »

okay ..thanks for the replies i will check the easy 1st...if i spray at the base of the throttle body  at the intake with starting fluid and here a rise in the rpm i think that should tell me if the gasket is bad wouldnt ya think?