Speedo

Have a flashing light? Gauges acting funny? Bad idle? Get your problems solved...

Speedo

Post by Guest »

I have a 95 beretta base.  with the 3100.  I got an instrument cluster out of a gt with the tac.  Problem is, in my car the speedo reads fast.  Does anyone know how to recalibrate this?  allangraves@sympatico.ca

Jeff P

Speedo

Post by Jeff P »

You know, I've asked around at different shops and no one has ever been able to answer that other than for trucks.  I've even tried moving the needles, and no change.  Hope someone here has an answer.

-Jeff P.
Black '88 Beretta GT
Spice Red '06 GTO

Previously Owned:
'89 GT, '91 GT, '92 GTZ (12.95@105 mph), '01 Bonneville SSEi
Obsessedw/Berettas

Speedo

Post by Obsessedw/Berettas »

Maybe it's because you have a 3100 and it came out of a GT (3.1 or 2.2)? Unlikely, but that's the only thing I can think of...

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else."
- C.S. Lewis
wicked-irocz

Speedo

Post by wicked-irocz »

If you have an OBD II car and put a cluster from an OBD I car in it you will have problems.  Im not sure if the change to a 4t60-e in 1994 changed the clusters or not.

94 Beretta Z26 57,4xx miles
3100, auto, crank windows, power locks/trunk, A/C,
To many mods to list
-intercooler :shock:

Among beretta boards
1st Turbo 4t60-e
1st Turbo 3100
1st Turbo Z26
1st 94+ Turbo
1988GTU

Speedo

Post by 1988GTU »

Wouldn't it need to have the connector (>>) changed to adapt the different cluster?

Just put in the old one or one exactly like it.  Then if you want a tach, ditch the cluster changing, add an auto meter tach, $91ish dollars.

_________
-------------
Baims_91Base

Speedo

Post by Baims_91Base »

I bet it'd only cost $50 tops to get a '95 V6 full cluster...plus you get the oil pressure and voltmeter gauges also. I think that's the better route.

Dustin - Webmaster, BerettaSpeed.com
1991 "Base" -> BFest '03, '04, '11 - '12 Best Modified Engine Bay
1994 Base -> 65k, DGGM, INDY GFX
1988 GTU -> 300k - RIP, parts/donor car, BFest '05
spacecadetz26

Speedo

Post by spacecadetz26 »

there are some on ebay right now  

Steph
94 Camaro B4C Special Service Package

Speedo

Post by Guest »

Does anyone know whether the speed sensor needs to be changed to the one taken from the donor car..and if neglecting to do this would alter the calibration?
 I am asking becauase i don't see a mention in the original post of you haveing changed to the sensor on the donor car.
 I was thinking of changeing to a sport dash as well ,because I miss the tac that my other car has.
 In the old days you had to recalibrate if you changed tire sizes -and the z's usually have larger wheels than the base model ,at least the ones I have seen.Although even the base could be had with 14-15-or 16 inch tires I think.
 But now I am not sure if it's the speedo that needs re-calibrated or if it's the speed sensor that covers that.
 Does any one know?
  This topic is of interest to me as well ,because my speedo has been off since i have owned the car.
  It read 55 miles on the odometer on a common trip I make- that on every car I have driven has read 50 miles, even though the tires on the car match the sticker on the car .
  So I hope you get an answer on the calibration thing--then we will both know.
   I hope no one thinks I tried to hi-jack this thread,but it seemed a natural fit-since me and the original poster have the same question -more or less.

wicked-irocz

Speedo

Post by wicked-irocz »

no, all of the beretta tires are the same OD.  As long as both are OBD I and they both have the same trany it will work or if both are OBD II and they both have the same trany it will work.

94 Beretta Z26 57,4xx miles
3100, auto, crank windows, power locks/trunk, A/C,
To many mods to list
-intercooler :shock:

Among beretta boards
1st Turbo 4t60-e
1st Turbo 3100
1st Turbo Z26
1st 94+ Turbo