93 Quad 4 into a 90 GTZ

Have a flashing light? Gauges acting funny? Bad idle? Get your problems solved...

93 Quad 4 into a 90 GTZ

Post by Guest »

Hi. Well today the engine in the GTZ went boom. The only quad within miles and miles and miles was in a 93 grand am gt. I noticed some stuff looked different such as the front mount and I really need to know what i have to swap off the gtz's engine onto the 93 Quad to make it work. Hopefully it wont be too much of an undertaking. This vehicle was, and is the daily driver, used to travel my gf to work and the usual kids, family thing. I been asking around on various boards but no one seems to know. Hopefully someone can help. Thank you for your time.

rweatherford

93 Quad 4 into a 90 GTZ

Post by rweatherford »

The 93 will go into the 90 fine.  You may have to change the TB, ignition module, and engine mounts.  Other than that I think you will be ok.

You will want to keep your 90 HO exhaust manifold and depening on the style of the intake manifold you may want to keep the 90 model as well.

The 93 block is better, but the exhaust manifold and intake are smaller.  The head is also smaller port and valve size, but you won't probably notice anything.

Rex Weatherford
92 Beretta GTZ Quad4 Turbo / 5-speed (sold)
Best 1/4 ET =  13.523 @ 105.16 mph

07 Mazda 5 Black on Black (it's slow)

93 Quad 4 into a 90 GTZ

Post by Guest »

Thanks very much for your help, I appreciate it. The only other thing I have found out is I have to notch the webbing near the starter to make the front mount work, because the 93's had the torque axis mount in front. Thanks again.