Electrical Question

Have a flashing light? Gauges acting funny? Bad idle? Get your problems solved...

Electrical Question

Post by Guest »

I have a 90 gtz, my problem is that my car blows the fusible link from the starter to the ignition everytime I use my heater. I'm using the fusible link you buy at autozone, it looks like regular wire but says 16 fusible link on the side. The crimp connectors were filled with silicone to weather proof the connection. I was wondering if I am using the wrong size fusible link or what else could be causing this to keep happening? Thanks for any ideas you guys might have.

wicked-irocz

Electrical Question

Post by wicked-irocz »

check how much amperage the blower motor is pulling.  Dont use an inline ampmeter as you will fry it, use an amp clamp.

94 Beretta Z26 57,4xx miles
3100, auto, crank windows, power locks/trunk, A/C,
To many mods to list
-intercooler :shock:

Among beretta boards
1st Turbo 4t60-e
1st Turbo 3100
1st Turbo Z26
1st 94+ Turbo

Electrical Question

Post by Guest »

This is what I have is this an inline tester or a clamp amp?
http://www.autozone.com/servlet....%7Etrue

Jeff P

Electrical Question

Post by Jeff P »

That's an inline tester since all of the power would have to travel through the meter.  An amp clamp is like a lobster claw (for lack of a better description ) that you simply slip over a wire without having to disconnect it.  No power goes through the meter.

-Jeff P.
Black '88 Beretta GT
Spice Red '06 GTO

Previously Owned:
'89 GT, '91 GT, '92 GTZ (12.95@105 mph), '01 Bonneville SSEi

Electrical Question

Post by Guest »

Well, I found my problem, last time I put the intake manifold back on I forgot to tighten the manifold brace, were the grounds are located...