Having issues with A/C

Have a flashing light? Gauges acting funny? Bad idle? Get your problems solved...
Rodville

Having issues with A/C

Post by Rodville »

Ok here's the deal. You get in the car and start it. Turn the a/c on and it blows but not cold. The compressor does not kick on. After about 5 minutes of running BOOM the compressor kicks on. I have checked the relay and the two pink wire are +12v like they are suppose to be. the dk green wire goes to the compressor the last wire the green w/white stripe that is the trigger wire is the problem. When the compressor is on it goes to ground. But it takes it awhile to do that. I got out the good old service manual and found out that wire goes to the ECM. So my question is WHY IS IT DOING THIS!!!! Two different a/c shops could not find the problem. Do I need to replace the ECM? Or could it be a sensor going to the ECM that is bad. This is driving me nuts. Thank you in advance for your help.

Mr Goodwrench

Having issues with A/C

Post by Mr Goodwrench »

Did you have any of the shops check to see if its charged with the proper amount of R-12/R-134.
If the system is low on fridgerent it wont be cold and the pump wont cycle properly..

Mr Goodwrench

Rodville

Having issues with A/C

Post by Rodville »

Yes the one shop fixed a leak it had and held it a week to make sure there were no more leaks. When the compressor is on ti blows ice cold.

Mr Goodwrench

Having issues with A/C

Post by Mr Goodwrench »

could it be a bad compres clutch? not locking up rightaway? or its grounding out?

Mr Goodwrench

rweatherford

Having issues with A/C

Post by rweatherford »

The 94 is ECM controlled.  Check to see which SES codes you have.

My car with the aftermarket computer in control would do a similar trick.  I would have to drive for a little bit over 45 MPH and then stop.  Then the AC would work fine.

Rex Weatherford
92 Beretta GTZ Quad4 Turbo / 5-speed (sold)
Best 1/4 ET =  13.523 @ 105.16 mph

07 Mazda 5 Black on Black (it's slow)