Sputtering when accelerating

Have a flashing light? Gauges acting funny? Bad idle? Get your problems solved...
niter3

Post by niter3 »

Well guys another problem with the car. Seems after I did a bit of driving over the weekend, aprox 7 hours, the car is now sputtering when accelerating at a medium pace. If I gas it pretty hard the car starts to shake and almost sound like misfire and the car hardly accelerates. I find that I have to accelerate slower to move quicker. Previously my girlfriend had a very similar problem and we found out it was her coil packs. However, I'm wondering if it could be a fuel filter or spark plugs? I've recently cleaned out the throttle body and I've been putting in fuel injection cleaner with no luck.

Any ideas?

rweatherford

Post by rweatherford »

Could be an ignition problem.  That is my best diagnosis from what little we know.

Rex Weatherford
92 Beretta GTZ Quad4 Turbo / 5-speed (sold)
Best 1/4 ET =  13.523 @ 105.16 mph

07 Mazda 5 Black on Black (it's slow)

niter3

Post by niter3 »

Well I've changed out the fuel filter with no help. The filter needed a change anyways. So I've bought some new spark plugs and a cleaner kit for my air filter. Going to see if this solves the issue. I will get back to you guys.

lilstacy0587

Post by lilstacy0587 »

Did you ever find out what was wrong with it? Cause mine seems to be doing the same thing and I also replaced the fuel pump and it didnt solve the problem.