HELP! Car won't start...cranks...but no start

Have a flashing light? Gauges acting funny? Bad idle? Get your problems solved...

Post by Guest »

Hey guys...I need help and QUICK haha. I was driving to work...and came to a stop sign and the car stalled out. I thought it was the TPS or something acting up (which may or may not be on its way out), and didn't think anything of it....tried to start it and it keeps cranking....but nothing happens. I listened for the fuel pump and it does prime every single time. So it's not that. And the starter tries cranking it (though once or twice it didn't), so I don't think it's the starter either...sounds like it's trying hard. I have a few ideas, but I really wanna know what you guys think w/out influencing you....oh yeah...and the car's just parked at the end of my road, so I need help FAST before they tow it haha...thanks a lot

rweatherford

Post by rweatherford »

PM'd.  Sounds like you better get pushing...

Rex Weatherford
92 Beretta GTZ Quad4 Turbo / 5-speed (sold)
Best 1/4 ET =  13.523 @ 105.16 mph

07 Mazda 5 Black on Black (it's slow)

1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

Unplugg the TCC, if that doesn't work...  Check for spark.

_________
-------------

Post by Guest »

right...what's the TCC? (I've only had this thing for 2 weeks or something and I haven't had time to do anything on it yet). How do I check for spark? I know how to do it in a NORMAL car...but the IDI on this one is just too wierd.

1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

The TCC is a plug on the trans near the front of car mid-driver side that plugs into an internal switch that controls lock up for Highway driving.  You can safely unplug it risking worse (2miles less) MPG (Due to higher RPM's), so do a quick search on TCC to find more info on it.

I check for spark by cranking it over at night with one plug boot/spark plug laying on the plenum...  I dont know where my tester is.  

_________
-------------
Chazzman

Post by Chazzman »

(1988GTU @ Nov. 18 2005,12:53)Q
U
O
T
EThe TCC is a plug on the trans near the front of car mid-driver side that plugs into an internal switch that controls lock up for Highway driving.  You can safely unplug it risking worse (2miles less) MPG (Due to higher RPM's), so do a quick search on TCC to find more info on it.

I check for spark by cranking it over at night with one plug boot/spark plug laying on the plenum...  I dont know where my tester is. ÂÂÂ
He has a Quad GTZ. Its gonna be a 5spd which doesnt have a TCC. Only automatics have a TCC.........

'92 GT-Z 3.1L 5spd lot's of GO FAST stuff  
rweatherford

Post by rweatherford »

Ever figure this out?

Rex Weatherford
92 Beretta GTZ Quad4 Turbo / 5-speed (sold)
Best 1/4 ET =  13.523 @ 105.16 mph

07 Mazda 5 Black on Black (it's slow)

1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

(Chazzman @ Nov. 26 2005,18:54)Q
U
O
T
E(1988GTU @ Nov. 18 2005,12:53)Q
U
O
T
EThe TCC is a plug on the trans near the front of car mid-driver side that plugs into an internal switch that controls lock up for Highway driving.  You can safely unplug it risking worse (2miles less) MPG (Due to higher RPM's), so do a quick search on TCC to find more info on it.

I check for spark by cranking it over at night with one plug boot/spark plug laying on the plenum...  I dont know where my tester is.  
He has a Quad GTZ. Its gonna be a 5spd which doesnt have a TCC. Only automatics have a TCC.........
I was    .

_________
-------------
spacecadetz26

Post by spacecadetz26 »

timing chain or ignition? does it even sound like its trying to fire up?or just dead crank?

Steph
94 Camaro B4C Special Service Package