several issues

Have a flashing light? Gauges acting funny? Bad idle? Get your problems solved...
93GTZguy

several issues

Post by 93GTZguy »

Ok..I guess ill start with the major issues first

Periodically my car just won't start...its as if the starter isn't getting enough voltage, I was told that the solenoid was bad and to replace the starter...so I did, but the issue is still there, so I replaced that starter 3 days later...the next starter lasted a week before the problem came back, which happens at random....watching the voltmeter, the meter will start around 10 volts and when I turn the key, go down to into the red but the starter never does anything...eventually if I keep turning the key the car will start or if I get a jump it will start on the first try

next...

Right upon startup, at random, I will hear a clicking sound from somewhere, the tach will blip with this click as well as my radar detector cycling itself on and off, along with the ABS light (yesterday I turned my highbeams on and the ABS light turns on with it) and or Emergency brake light on....usually turning the car off then back on and it goes away....also, the new alternator that I put on the car might be connected in some way but I don't know for sure..I originally bought a new alt from autozone which lasted about 10 miles...when I returned it they didn't have anymore in stock, so I bought a reman one which is in the car now (and paid me the diff between the two)...when I hit the brakes, when the rear lights come on, the tach blips then goes back to reading the engine revs like normal, as well as my headlights dim when things like the turn signal or stereo is on with moderate volume

Lastly
what started out as a rattle when I hit bumps is now getting progressively annoying, as in when I get to a stop,  or hit dips in the road, it literally feels like my car is directly connected with the road...and sitting at a stop the vibration of the motor is literally transmitted through the entire suspension.  I was told it was my swaybar end links since they are going bad, but I cannot find any nowhere for a FE7 suspension..I looked at them myself..and they dont look good..the car has got new struts and was told that everything under there minus the end links was in good shape

help....me....

ErErnest - 1993 Beretta GTZ 5 Speed HO Quad 4

Slaying The Dragon

several issues

Post by Guest »

on the starting issuse I'd clean the wire terminal ends to the starter and clean the battery terminal ends. It could be a battery issue as well.

1988GTU

several issues

Post by 1988GTU »

I agree with ^ on the R&R battery/cleaning terminals.

Someone on here knows someplace to get endlinks that could fit.  

_________
-------------
wicked-irocz

several issues

Post by wicked-irocz »

while your cleaning the battery terminals and the connection at the starter clean or replace the grounding strap.  you should run a voltage drop to the starter under load.

94 Beretta Z26 57,4xx miles
3100, auto, crank windows, power locks/trunk, A/C,
To many mods to list
-intercooler :shock:

Among beretta boards
1st Turbo 4t60-e
1st Turbo 3100
1st Turbo Z26
1st 94+ Turbo

several issues

Post by Guest »

I would second everything said here-and also add that if you have a good electrical shop in the area that will give you free or low cost check-it could be worth your while--as it could also be a weakening alternator.
Just be sure to make the problem happen as you get to the shop,maybe by haveing the headlights on.It makes it easier to find sometimes.

93GTZguy

several issues

Post by 93GTZguy »

figured out the problem...well..sortof..started playing with the battery terminals and discovered that the positive was loose, voltage holds constant and the lights don't flicker no more...

ErErnest - 1993 Beretta GTZ 5 Speed HO Quad 4

Slaying The Dragon

several issues

Post by Guest »

that would be a problem