2.2 help

Have a flashing light? Gauges acting funny? Bad idle? Get your problems solved...
zszach

2.2 help

Post by zszach »

having troubles with my 95 2.2 5speed was running just fine till recently it began to have a sputter out of nowhere i found a vacume leak on the vacume unit that mounts on the throttle body and has alot of hoses running out of it so i replaced that unit it seemed to run fine till it got to temp then wants to sputter and stall out have found that if your holding the clutch in it doesnt seem to do it also its not as bad if you hold it full throttle to floor need help with it the plugs and wires as well as o2 sensor are not that old at all and i just replaced one coil today sence it was cracked still does the same thing

if anybody has any answers plz help im gonna get up in morning and check the iac valve and fuel filter first off becasue i did notice when i did the vacume hoses that there was alot of black carbon like build up in the throttle body area

pighauler

Re: 2.2 help

Post by pighauler »

IAC is where I would start. Before buying a new, take the old off and clean it up real good, see if that helps. I'm one that will do the free repairs before spending money.

Koots

Re: 2.2 help

Post by Koots »

What kind of plugs, wires and O2 sensor did you use?

I was always told to only use the ACDelco 41-928's in these because they are slightly longer than generic replacement plugs (all other brands) to fit properly into the combustion chamber of the head.