Intake/exhaust

Want to know how to get more out of your Beretta? Or have a mod you would like to share?
rjc333

Intake/exhaust

Post by rjc333 »

Ok, so in the relentless pursuit of power, I've realized that I'm not a particular fan of the now infamous '3400 swap.'  Not to say that it isn't effective or a good idea, I just like my current 3.1 and want to be able to bolt on a manual transmission one day.

So since you guys are the experts here, I figured I try you guys for some advice.  I've been thinking of putting on a larger intake, probably a K&N set-up of some sort, followed by a larger exhaust, most likely 2.25".  I know this won't rock anybody's world performance-wise, but it should increase responsiveness and acceleration decently.  So would the K&N be my best bet for an intake, or is there a better option?  Feel free to comment or correct me on anything I've put here.....I've never claimed to be an expert.  Thanks.

1992 Beretta GTZ; 3.1 V6 auto (depressing, really....)

1991 Beretta GTZ; Quad4 5-spd (gone to auto heaven)
IsaacHayes

Intake/exhaust

Post by IsaacHayes »

You can bolt on a manaul trans no problem to a 3400. If you read any of the j body cavalier boards, they bolt them up to their manuals all the time.

K&N Filter brand is good, but you'll have to make up the piping or go to http://www.tranzgenic.com/ .

Your 3.1 is a gen2, which means it absolutly sucks for breathing (intake manifolds and heads lack a lot). Gen3 stuff is WAY more superior in design. (3100/3400 is gen3).

You could swap a 3400 or do a 3400 top end (heads up) and get worthwhile gains. I suggest you check out www.domesticcrew.com or www.v6z24.com or www.60degreev6.com and search and look at others cars for ideas.

Lots more options than you'd think with 3400 parts.

Image Image 2010 project (click pic)
1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles.
16.0 @ 84.41mph when stock. Now ???
Original L82 w/LA1, LX9, & LX5 parts!!!

soon to be OBD1 tuned...
RebelGT

Intake/exhaust

Post by RebelGT »

trail has already been blazed, just copy.

http://s72.photobucket.com/albums/i162/ ... tta%20Z26/