3800 Series III Turbo...

Want to know how to get more out of your Beretta? Or have a mod you would like to share?
nocutt

3800 Series III Turbo...

Post by nocutt »

10Q Kay...10Q Clay...I appreciate it...

I got off my behind and finished the wiring...I unfortunately did not have the right pigtail for the alternator...

here are za pics:

nocutt

3800 Series III Turbo...

Post by nocutt »

And the almost finished product...getting really close...  

bonecrrusher

3800 Series III Turbo...

Post by bonecrrusher »

So do you keep towing your car between your place and WCF? Or are you doing it all there. It seems like youve gotten pics from both places.

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Z51
2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD
2014 Chevy SS
nocutt

3800 Series III Turbo...

Post by nocutt »

LOL!! Yes...my ppl own a flatbed/tow truck... yep dedication...or maybe just plain looney

nocutt

3800 Series III Turbo...

Post by nocutt »

BTW...
At this point in time...amongst other issues...I am going to have a big problem running turbo headers and a 3" DP...clearance and heat radiating issues...

Right now scrapping the turbo headers for log style manifolds 'might be' the better thing to do...For what I am planning to do at least...I don't see a quantifiable number between both to matter... where are those exhaust theorist

bonecrrusher

3800 Series III Turbo...

Post by bonecrrusher »

Your people... the people you work with or someone in your family?

I need a flatbed if I blow my motor at the drag strip again.  

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Z51
2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD
2014 Chevy SS
Z26er

3800 Series III Turbo...

Post by Z26er »

i would keep the headers, and you can get header wrap , along with putting louvers in your hood to get rid of the heat.  the roason i would say for havign equal length would be to equal the exhuast "pulses" the turbocharger sees.

seems your goign to be done sooner then i am.. i broke where the the bolts go for the transverse cross member on the front unibody framing. so if i hit the brakes.. i might lay my engine and tranny under the car.

Boost is addictive, more boost is more addictive
90 TSI FWD: will get fixed someday.. maybe..
86 conquest TSi: The new toy,  boosted RWD is fun.. till you snap lug nut studs although no 1st gear kinda SUCKS!
95 Beretta Z26: i don't think i'll ever get rid of this thing, i've tried already.
nocutt

3800 Series III Turbo...

Post by nocutt »

bonecrrusher wrote: (Jun. 18 2005,12:51) Your people... the people you work with or someone in your family?
hahaha...'my ppl', just a close friend...one of "those I scratch your back" things...I am helping him put together a turbo package for his N/A '74 240Z...
Z26 wrote:(Jun. 18 2005,13:06) ...i would keep the headers, and you can get header wrap , along with putting louvers in your hood to get rid of the heat. The reason i would say for having equal length would be to equal the exhuast "pulses" the turbocharger sees...
Z26,
I think for the HP level I am shooting for a log style mani will benefit me...I agree in proper heat management, however If one is theoretically going to deal with less heat (radiant) to start with then logistically I am better off. The log style helps spool up better...in my case I am using a .70 A/R with a P-trim (hotside) coupled with the stock 2200RPM stall (60-e), boost threshold "should" be around 3000-3500RPM...the mani "may" also be able to bring this lower...how low? that will be the question...assuming the 3" DP fits then Backpressure should be minimized at crossover...

JOKERZ26

3800 Series III Turbo...

Post by JOKERZ26 »

Dear God....err umm Mr. NoCutt

Your name was mentioned at our little "Fest" in Vegas last weekend.  And we pretty much came to the decision to kidnap you and make you share your knowledge with us when we have a SoCal Fest later on in the summer.      

Racing_Rush

3800 Series III Turbo...

Post by Racing_Rush »

I am currently using custom cut MSD wires I just recently relocated my coils and had to use custom wires cost me $50cnd.  Very easy to cut to lenght an so far I havn't had a problem with them.  They are 8mm and they really evened out my idle.  As for longevity  I have no idea yet but I would think if they were propely made they last till next tune up, its one of the best names.

Bascially you just cut it down with a wire cutters, then use a kinfe to cut down to the core, slip the metal connector on sqeeze it shut then put it into the supplied wire crimper and use a vise to bend it perfectly.  Then just use a pair of needle nose pliers to clamp around the core of the wire.  Use some dielectric grease to help slip it into the boot and vola custom lenght wires.  

I practiced once on a wire designed to go from coil to center of distributor (not nessesary for our cars) and it was very easy, just remember "measure twice, cut once"  I ended up cutting some too long so I had to unbend the clips and cut them down and reinstall them, At least they were too long instead of too short LOL.

1991 Cavalier Z24- Racing seats, MSD wires, relocated MSD coils, 2.5" exhaust, ported exhaust manifolds, high volume oil pump, poly grafite front end, 92+ brake upgrade, drilled and slotted rotors, 1.5" lowering, 17" Klasse wheels...

Future Plans: 18's, paint, rear discs, more horsepower...
nocutt

3800 Series III Turbo...

Post by nocutt »

(Racing_Rush @ Jun. 21 2005,00:06)Q
U
O
T
E ...I am currently using custom cut MSD wires I just recently relocated my coils and had to use custom wires cost me $50cnd

...Darn!! internet purchase or shop? I was quoted $146.00, however I believe this were 8.8mm wires...shouldn't make that much difference though
Thanks for the info... currently looking at Accel...cheaper  

(JOKERZ26 @ Jun. 20 2005,20:53)Q
U
O
T
E Your name was mentioned at our little "Fest" in Vegas last weekend. And we pretty much came to the decision to kidnap you and make you share your knowledge with us when we have a SoCal Fest later on in the summer.

LOL!! I just saw you guys thread on the other board... muracho ...I hope we all can get together soon...track, Santa Monica mountains something etc... I have to ask the wives though

JOKERZ26

3800 Series III Turbo...

Post by JOKERZ26 »

(nocutt @ Jun. 21 2005,22:00)Q
U
O
T
E(JOKERZ26 @ Jun. 20 2005,20:53)Q
U
O
T
E Your name was mentioned at our little "Fest" in Vegas last weekend.  And we pretty much came to the decision to kidnap you and make you share your knowledge with us when we have a SoCal Fest later on in the summer.

LOL!! I just saw you guyZes thread on the other board... muracho  ...I hope we all can get together soon...track, santa monica mountains somethang etc... I have to ask the wives though ÂÂÂ
Are you referring to the same mountains you recorded  where you couldn't hold the camera straight on riding in that Fiero making me dizzy?

nocutt

3800 Series III Turbo...

Post by nocutt »

(JOKERZ26 @ Jun. 21 2005,12:13)Q
U
O
T
E(nocutt @ Jun. 21 2005,22:00)Q
U
O
T
U
O
T
E Your name was mentioned at our little "Fest" in Vegas last weekend.  And we pretty much came to the decision to kidnap you and make you share your knowledge with us when we have a SoCal Fest later on in the summer.

LOL!! I just saw you guyZes thread on the other board... muracho  ...I hope we all can get together soon...track, santa monica mountains somethang etc... I have to ask the wives though ÂÂÂ
Are you referring to the same mountains you recorded  where you couldn't hold the camera straight on riding in that Fiero making me dizzy?
LOL!! Ok that was not me  
I mean I choose to plead the 5th  

JOKERZ26

3800 Series III Turbo...

Post by JOKERZ26 »

(nocutt @ Jun. 22 2005,12:16)Q
U
O
T
E(JOKERZ26 @ Jun. 21 2005,12:13)Q
U
O
T
E(nocutt @ Jun. 21 2005,22:00)Q
U
O
T
U
O
T

LOL!! Ok that was not me ÂÂÂ
I mean I choose to plead the 5th ÂÂÂ
yEAH ok Mr. Turbo 3800 guy who got skurred in a little Fiero.......

"oh sh*t!!"

nocutt

3800 Series III Turbo...

Post by nocutt »

So I had a little free time on my hands and decided to put the radiator brace in & the the IC brackets...

It looks almost invisible from a frontal and leveled view...

I was initially going to duct the IC but because I really don't know where I am in terms of the efficiency...I figured why go thru the headache of 'reinventing the wheel'