Don't mess with texas - 3400 swap project

Want to know how to get more out of your Beretta? Or have a mod you would like to share?
Money pit Beretta

Re: Don't mess with texas - 3400 swap project

Post by Money pit Beretta »

How do you run your HVAC controls? That vacuum nipple on the intake(by the TB) is where the main source is. Although there is another line that goes in on the passenger side(with the wiring). Those lines are white in color before and after they enter the firewall.
Sure seems like there are two open lines.
1. pruge valve main line
2. HVAC main line

Man, starting to feel like I need to get out and look at my purge system.
Lets see....one from the canistor and one to the tank right? That would mean three open lines. So would the pump be sucking air? Or is that the line that is hooked into the valve? There for it is blocked?

keep'em flying!
Cliff8928
Administrator

Post by Cliff8928 »

The fuel pressure will be dependent on whether or not you are running Multec or Multec 2 injectors and the corresponding fuel pressure regulator.

Cliff Scott
themixer

Post by themixer »

I am running the multec 2 injector, I tried to leave the motor in tact from the van. So normal operating pressure for them is 50-60 psi? I did a little googling but will do more on this.

As for the hvac controls I am using the nipple on the passenger side of the motor, for the vac source, the MAP and FPR are fed from the stock location.

Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

Ah yes, forgot about the one on the "rear" of the upper. If there was time I'd like to check both to see if one is pulling more vac. Another iron in the fire.

keep'em flying!
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

What chip is currently installed? Because stock 3.1 injectors are 16lb/hr and 01 3400 ones are 21lb/hr IIRC... if you swapped out that WOT chip that may have been programmed for those injectors then that could be screwing things up... But if your still running the WOT chip the next question is did you have him setup the injectors for 21lb/hr?

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

I am willing to say you need to put the fat (High Z) injectors back in or obtain ones with higher lb's that are High Imp. for the fuel requirements.

Back with a few swaps in the past, the 3.4tdc injectors were a nice replacement/upgrade with WOT's tune retaining the High Z injectors.

_________
-------------
themixer

Post by themixer »

Asked for a chip for a 3400, swap 5, speed, no egr for a 1991 beretta, didn't get into specific years with him. The car has been running the WOT-tech chip with a 5 speed memcal. I will pop off another email to him and confirm it that its the correctly setup for these 2001 injectors.

Would really like to use these injectors that I have from the stock 2001 3400 venture van, had nothing but problems with my old motor and injectors. These injectors defiantly work. I am not 100% performance oriented, just want it to be a comfortable cruiser.

Should I be concerned about the high fuel pressure? Is this normal pressure for the newer injectors I am using?

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I don't know if your gauge is reading right but stock 2000+ fuel pressure is a typical max of 55psi with no vac, but it may reach 60.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
themixer

Post by themixer »

I will try and find another gauge to test this with.

1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

Like I mentioned, the 3.4tdc injectors would be ideal with his chip if WOT didnt tune for the Low Z injectors and just bumped the tables around for the use of High Z ones.

I know I have a bunch of the 3.4tdc on hand. If it interests you, pm me. First and foremost tho, find out what was put into the tune for use.

_________
-------------
themixer

Post by themixer »

WOT tech has confirmed it was programmed for Multec 2 with no EGR and 5 speed, I have no idea what these Low Z / high Z injectors are. I would imagine that I have the Low ones as they do not look like these short fat injectors, fired back the question to him.

http://www.bmotorsports.com/shop/produc ... cts_id/574

1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

Was the WOT chip installed from the get go and then all of a sudden days later the car is having the stalling issue? Or did it not stall before and then after the chip install it started the stalling issue?

_________
-------------
themixer

Post by themixer »

The chip has been installed from day 1 it's been stalling from day 1 , understanding I had a few issues but now I have no codes

Here is what I got back from Ben at wot tech about these high and low Z injectors

There are 2 versions, multec 1 from 1996 to 1999 and multec 2 from 2000 on up. If you put low impedance injectors in your car, the computer would be toast. There are at least 20 people running this chip with your setup. I can't say a custom tune wouldn't fix it, because every car is different, but there is a very high success rate right out of the box.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Those injectors should be high impedance... I know the 2000+ 3400 ones were.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
themixer

Post by themixer »

update to this

checked the o2 wiring and ground all is fine, replaced the sensor just as I smacked the old one getting the engine in the car. Car runs exactly the same, still stalling out.

here is a video of my sensor outputs, hopefully something looks out of mix as i have no check engine light or codes.

http://youtu.be/aWY6047vfhU?list=UUb-RW ... nBVOVA-rww