almost 20yrs later...

Want to know how to get more out of your Beretta? Or have a mod you would like to share?
nocutt

Re: almost 20yrs later...

Post by nocutt »

Cliff8928 wrote:
nocutt wrote:No bfest...until it comes west :P
So then where were you last year? :burn:
*cough* no comment lets just say fighting the :twisted: feds over a skyline...

nocutt

Post by nocutt »

speedy wrote:i can not for the life of me remember who you are? car looks familiar though... ive been around since 2004-2005ish.
lol those where the good 'ol days...I think I was around when the board was still a bb

nocutt

Post by nocutt »

1988GTU wrote:How often do you pull the rear sparkplugs? :D
Pffff it looks like all you "young" guys are still here; if Heavywoody post then it will be all over :evil:
Actually there is more room in the back than the front...I can use a wrench with a about a ~2" extension. In the front the radiator makes that virtually impossible...

front side

rear

Last edited by nocutt on Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

heavywoody
Global Moderator

Post by heavywoody »

Guess what... it's over!

Glad to see you back here, we'ved missed the extreme build guys! Jon has filled in a bit and I know there are others of us who are working on things in the background... :evil:

Geoff
95 Z26 Turbo 3400 5spd - R&D Project
Beretta Preservation Society - Director of Acquisitions
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

If you havent browsed around much since your return I'm working on a SC'd build right now for another member.

http://beretta.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=23255

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Stencil
Administrator

Post by Stencil »

Welcome back NoCutt - I recall seeing videos of this turbo monster! Were you the one that showed up to Bfest right after the swap and had the car running, but the trans was in limp home mode so you only had second and 4th? I think that was a 90 GT that was Medium Sapphire Blue Metallic.

-Aaron
'92 Beretta GTZ 2.3L 5M - Undergoing "unibody off" restoration ATM (almost done!)
'93 Beretta GT "MISEREE" 3.1 5M
'95 Beretta Base DGGM 2.2 5M
'96 Beretta "FAUXZ26" 2.2 5M
nocutt

Post by nocutt »

heavywoody wrote:Guess what... it's over!

Glad to see you back here, we'ved missed the extreme build guys! Jon has filled in a bit and I know there are others of us who are working on things in the background... :evil:

DONE... 8) hahahahahahahahahahahaha ok so it is safe to say I must have time traveled because all you guys still in hurr...yeah Jon has always been active, he just needs to sop messing around with da bottle... :D I am really glad to see you guys still holding on...because I need a lot of hand holding for the upcoming projects (*hopefully*)

nocutt

Post by nocutt »

Stencil wrote:Welcome back NoCutt - I recall seeing videos of this turbo monster! Were you the one that showed up to Bfest right after the swap and had the car running, but the trans was in limp home mode so you only had second and 4th? I think that was a 90 GT that was Medium Sapphire Blue Metallic.
Hi Stencil...thanks, no not me, bfest continues to elude me...I think you may be talking of this car Image
his name escapes me...too early, I am sure one of the "younger" members might remember...

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I'll stop messing with the bottle when you stop messing with those pinwheels...

It's a RAINBOW!!!! LOL

And I've gotten into the turbo world... Just on my Boxers, not my Beretta's... Amazingly enough not only is it a turbo but it's also got MANUAL gears! HAHA

and this is going to look so nice when all done up with stainless....

not too many people do them equal length anymore... but I did.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
nocutt

Post by nocutt »

3X00-Modified wrote:I'll stop messing with the bottle when you stop messing with those pinwheels...

It's a RAINBOW!!!! LOL

And I've gotten into the turbo world... Just on my Boxers, not my Beretta's... Amazingly enough not only is it a turbo but it's also got MANUAL gears! HAHA

and this is going to look so nice when all done up with stainless....
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaa on the 'colored flower' hehehehehehehe

no seriously are you also doing that and the sc'd car? holy jeebus selling fish...yeah I thought I was the one with too much on their hands...looks good and scary, what is ur hp goals with this and do you have a thread on this too?

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

My project was started last year and got put on hold for funds reasons... right now I'm working on Tyler's SC'd build for Bfest and then I would like to get my progressive controller on my setup as is before Bfest as well... I'll wait till this winter before I need to get some more lines, blocks, jets, pressure regulators and so on....

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Rettax3

Post by Rettax3 »

Hello nocutt, nice to finally see some of your car, very clean looking build. Hmmm, two wastegates?? :shock: I wish I could say that yours was one of my proof-of-concept cars back in the day on bstuff when I went to start my own 3800 swap, but the truth is that RollinGTZ and Fastlane02 (the sapphire blue car mentioned earlier, I believe) where the only 3800 conversions I had run across back then before I started my own build. It is very interesting to see the differences in builds between yours, mine, Rollin's and Fastlane's (to name a few of us). Generally, I like the turbo setups better than SC's, but I wouldn't have even started a 3800 project if mine hadn't been abandoned with me -now I have to talk myself out of doing another 3800 swap... :wink: Glad to see another 90-degree engine-owner back on the site... :good: Are those recent photos, or archives?

1989 SuperCharged 3800 Srs-II (First)Six-Speed GTU
1990 Turbo 3.4 5-Speed T-Type
1990 4.0L 4-Cam 32-Valve V-8 5-Speed Indy GTi (Project)
1990 Stock(!) 3.1 MPFI Auto Indy
1995 LA1/L82 4T60E Z-26
1995 3.4 DOHC Turbo 5-Speed Z-26
nocutt

Post by nocutt »

3X00-Modified wrote:My project was started last year and got put on hold for funds reasons... right now I'm working on Tyler's SC'd build for Bfest and then I would like to get my progressive controller on my setup as is before Bfest as well... I'll wait till this winter before I need to get some more lines, blocks, jets, pressure regulators and so on....

I know all about putting stuff on hold...sometimes it seems to be forever, :(

nocutt

Post by nocutt »

Rettax3 wrote:Hello nocutt, nice to finally see some of your car, very clean looking build. Hmmm, two wastegates?? :shock: I wish I could say that yours was one of my proof-of-concept cars back in the day on bstuff when I went to start my own 3800 swap, but the truth is that RollinGTZ and Fastlane02 (the sapphire blue car mentioned earlier, I believe) where the only 3800 conversions I had run across back then before I started my own build. It is very interesting to see the differences in builds between yours, mine, Rollin's and Fastlane's (to name a few of us). Generally, I like the turbo setups better than SC's, but I wouldn't have even started a 3800 project if mine hadn't been abandoned with me -now I have to talk myself out of doing another 3800 swap... :wink: Glad to see another 90-degree engine-owner back on the site... :good: Are those recent photos, or archives?

LOL hi Rettax3; oh that is ok
Quick trip down memory lane (cue with nice John Legend song :friends: )...you have to remember I had completed the swap with the help of WestCoastFiero back circa '98, when RollinGTZ & Fastlane came on I was probably not on bstuff, but rest assured there was a continuum between my car and theirs. Unfortunately I don't know what happened to either of these vehicles nor their owners. I know RollinGTZ complained about the difficulty of the swap and general maintenance...
All the 3800 v6 swaps in all the Berettas I have seen are completely unique...ALL and I am not talking little things here and there...the approach was different in comparisons to say 3800 v6 swaps in fieros (I personally took a road race approach) and then I feel none of us ever continued to do swaps or influenced others enough to create some kind of "lineage"...I believe it is just based on the owner, I think we are a bit eccentric in our own way...lol I took the turbo route because I was already in that area of performance (Lc6/buick) before getting into these cars, but it was a very long and lonely road for a while...there was ABSOLUTELY nothing on the market, for Berettas (well there was mantapart...God forbid you sent them your well earned $$$) talk less of the 3800 v6 sc'd/na...when the market exploded it was also geared towards the L67, but that did not still translate into our little niche (mind you this turbo setup translated very, very well I might add understandably in the GP community) and there was also a configuration war going on between the 60 degree guys and 90 degree v6...and it was quite entrenched (in our community) many chose the 60 degree v6 even when there was nothing besides moving up in displacement...loyalty, familiarity runs deep!!

I had a local guy (well it has been a couple over the years) ask me to help him with a swap...when he told me the price of what he was planning to work with, I suggested he had better start with a displacement mod (3400,3500) and go from there...there is just a reality about this swap, any swap really but some people are not living in the real world...I personally will like to do another swap with a turbo, but I will like to use a manual...this will be a good project, taking all the crap shortcoming of my own car and applying it to build another...that will be cool...*pinch self* ah one can only dream...in any event, we are dinosaurs as far as engine configuration is concerned...besides the displacement, I don't really see the advantage as the technology shifted to the 60 degreev6...yep that is who took the over.

Yes the two pics at the beginning of this string are fresh...I had just finished buttoning up after completing a transmission overhaul...I kinda of envy Jon; when my transmission guy called me to come look at the destroyed tranny I about almost fainted...I had no idea these things had soooooooooooooooooo many little pieces in them. Yes I designed a headache twin wastegates, for the type of turbocharging...

bonecrrusher

Post by bonecrrusher »

Chevy runs deep - into the rabbit hole.

Nocutt - you might remember me trying to get that Carbon fiber hood made up years ago.

I scrapped my Z and moved down south - and moved on to bigger and better things.

Roln sold or scrapped his car - he got into a Lincoln LS and a Durango on dubs or something.

Fastlane sold or scrapped his car - I remember him cleaning up a pig barn and trying to open up a speed shop out of it - and yeah that disappeared quickly as well.

There was also the guy in Chicago - Matt something that had an L67 hooked up to a 3T40 in his white Beretta like forever ago.

I took a ride in that car - was good for some torque steerage.

I remember your car having rear disks, and maybe coilovers, way before the others.

I also remember your photoshoot you did inside a parking garage somewhere....

Where has the time gone?

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Z51
2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD
2014 Chevy SS