made some good progress over the weekend
lowered the frame another 1/4", got it PERFECTLY center and square. literally took a day just to measure it out and make damn sure it was right.
Also decided to find the axle center line, and use that. Instead of doing it how I was. Im really not sure why I didnt think of doing it like this before..
I think im going to raise it back up a 1/4"... but with shimms. The beauty of mockup using C clamps! those tires are REALLY bald, and the tires Im going to run are also more square. With all that I think it should sit a lot better. If not I guess it wont kill me to lower the car a tad, it wont mess with the geometry too bad doing that with coilovers, were talking a quarter to half inch at most. Building it to race, not sit on a trailer and look all stanced out.
Turned to the lock! It clears. The other way almost clears.. rubs on a seam and also the inside of the fender. Very minor, Just didnt feel like cutting that yet.
I started to build a dummy shock and a temp mount, but Then I had an idea.. Grabbed the mount that came with subframe and well.. Confirming with koni to make sure they have or can make a shock in the correct length, then I will have this tig welded on! done and done!
decided to figure the back end out a little more and think about how and where to put the temp supports. This should be easier to mount, Need to figure out my roll center on the rear still.. Might do that next weekend. I know your thinking "buy premade tubs and be done". Well, I thought that too. Side to side is very different.. and its also already attached to the side of the car! If I do it like this, leaves more of the car unhacked and I think it will be less work too. And I really dont want to weld on my qtr pannels and warp them! But anyways, Ill be cutting clear into the back seat maybe about an inch. I might just try and raise the factory floor the ~5" its going to need in that area. well see, this is a starting point, everything seems to always change!