Not another 2.2 build

Want to know how to get more out of your Beretta? Or have a mod you would like to share?
Oki_Hero

Not another 2.2 build

Post by Oki_Hero »

Yes gentlemen another one. Now from what I've read in here there aren't too many fans but I am still very new to this engine building and it's apparent reliability and ease of repair is what counts most....for the time. I've scoured and searched for info on this type of build but can't find much in the way of how to's ( however I do have a Haynes manual so that should suffice), what parts work or part availability. From what I've picked up I need cams ( probably Comp 1.6 rr) new valves and springs,l offers and head studs but I'm not sure of the technical aspects like sizes fitment torque specifications etc etc.

Moneypitberetta has already given me some solid advice as far as suspension goes which is first on my list I'm just trying to figure out what I need to put a little pep in my four door Berettas step. And for further clearance this car will not be strictly a track car but more of a trackable street car. Any info helps thanks

96 Corsica 2.2 3 speed auto (awaiting building)
1988GTU

Re: Not another 2.2 build

Post by 1988GTU »

Cam rockers header and a short cai aka wai. Anything more and you'd want to have the ability to tune. If you can tune, minds well just go forced induction and stet the other mods.

_________
-------------
Oki_Hero

Post by Oki_Hero »

Yeah there's a shop down the street that does tuning however I'm not familiar with the shops around here but I'd assume a guy who built cars for the FnF franchise might know something or another. I was thinking about getting the ECU flashed to account for the extra breathing atfter a TB swap and running a higher compression and I remember reading somewhere on here about increasing the stroke but keeping stock bore but I'm not sure if that might be something worth attempting or not.

1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

Your obdII system isn't guaranteed to be understood and supported by just anyone. You will likely need to repin, swap, and adapt in another pcm for tuning purposes.

_________
-------------
Oki_Hero

Post by Oki_Hero »

So it would be an good idea to salvage one and use that as a guinea pig also is comp only makers of cams for our cars? I'm looking at some I think should work but I'm also what is known to work.

1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

Lunati crane or crower might be obtained. Most options might lead you to n.o.s inventory or used. Comp is well known also might be best bang for the bux.

_________
-------------
Oki_Hero

Post by Oki_Hero »

I found options from an eBay dealer
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HI-Rev-Camshaft ... 1251639739

Comp I was looking at the thumper model or should I be looking under LS gen 4 option?

1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

I'd call summit racing and talk to a tech rep. Explain the goals and expectations for the overall vehicle's use and they should have a recommendation for the profile you'd be best suited for.

_________
-------------
Oki_Hero

Post by Oki_Hero »

Okay thanks.

Oki_Hero

Post by Oki_Hero »

Alrighty so about a week ago I emailed Comp to see what type of cam options were available. I got an email back apologizing for the 4 day delay on returning my email ( which I did send on a Friday so I dont think it took that long) and asking if I needed assistance. I told them I wanted some that would give me some extra low end torque and a wider power and that I want to make somewhere between 160-170 HP without killing it's ability to be a daily. Yester I get an email back saying that they don't make cams for a 2.2 134ci motor and asked if I had checked any forums to see if anyone had modified this type of car. So the big skinny is does anyone have a part number or some other reference to a cam kit that would work with the 2.2?

1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

Did you reach out to Jegs, Summit, Crane Cams?

_________
-------------
Oki_Hero

Post by Oki_Hero »

I reached out to lunati and jegs and both have said they don't have camshafts for the 2.2 though jegs says they have lifters. The guy from comp also mentioned using s10 parts which I think aside from the exhaust header and the transmission might work.

MY91GT(Z)

Post by MY91GT(Z) »

Where can 2.2 header be found for our car

93 GT cammed 3500 TORSEN, headers,intake,wilwood,poly/delrin mounts, 2.5 S.S,Exhaust,dickman kits,GTUspoiler,Euro headlights-tails-mirrors-fender flares-spoiler,Intrax/Koni,91+blk interior,rr disk swap,s.s.clutch line
Oki_Hero

Post by Oki_Hero »

MY91GT(Z) wrote:Where can 2.2 header be found for our car
EBay has an OBX header for 95-97 there's also a cheap mild carbon one which I plan in getting I don't mind having to cut and weld a bit if it doesn't bolt perfectly.