Need some help figuring out wiring.

Want to know how to get more out of your Beretta? Or have a mod you would like to share?
whitefiretiger

Need some help figuring out wiring.

Post by whitefiretiger »

To start my car is a 92 Cavalier but I'm looking into using the 96 Beretta/Corsica OBD2 engine harness and a 97 Transport/Montana ECM along with a 2004 3400 and 96 4t60e for a swap.
Thanks to photobucket changing stuff and killing almost every picture that might help me find what I'm looking for I figured I should join up here and ask for help as this is about the only place that even talks about doing obd2 into older obd1/1.5 cars.

I'm trying to find good pinouts for the 96 harness, 97 Montana ecm (tho i figure it should plug and play like the venture but actually has hptuners support. And figure out what wires I would need to tap on my 92 Cavy body harness to make this all happen (my abs system is removed but the wires are cut a few inches from the bulkhead and capped off).

I'm sick of hearing to just swap to the Cavy v6 harness/ecu and buy a chip.

Theres a few reasons I'm wanting to go this way: obd2 tuning ability, maf sensor compensates for mods better, initially i shouldnt need a tune, 4 speed od tranny, etc.

Any help would be great, thanks.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Re: Need some help figuring out wiring.

Post by 3X00-Modified »

You could also use a 1997 Monte Carlo ecu which is supported by HPTuners and exactly the same as the Venture ecu... same service number and everything and we know that is plug and play for the 96 OBDII L-body, with a few Code removals tho.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
whitefiretiger

Re: RE: Re: Need some help figuring out wiring.

Post by whitefiretiger »

3X00-Modified wrote:You could also use a 1997 Monte Carlo ecu which is supported by HPTuners and exactly the same as the Venture ecu... same service number and everything and we know that is plug and play for the 96 OBDII L-body, with a few Code removals tho.
Trying to avoid needing any tuning right out of the gate thats the other reason I was looking at ecu that wasnt the monte.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Re: Need some help figuring out wiring.

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I can only assume that the codes that I have found that need to be disabled on the monte and venture ECU would probably need to be removed on the Transport/Montana as well... but without seeing both bins side by side I can't confirm that.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"