lbody headers...

Want to know how to get more out of your Beretta? Or have a mod you would like to share?
Barry
Global Moderator

Re: lbody headers...

Post by Barry »

A green top SR!

Thats too much jdm for me to handle.

Im looking into a KA-T setup for my friends 240. The kit is the easy part, and t25's are a dime a dozen. Its the tuning part that's annoying.

IsaacHayes

Post by IsaacHayes »

Get that john-deer green lawn mower sounding engine part with the pull start cable below the "twin cam" out-ta here!!! :D

The header with the dual O2 bungs (one in both cross over tubes) is mine. The extra is for a wideband later down the road for WOT fine tuning.
And no, I'm not running EGR on the orange hot rod. Less heat and carbon, and I can use the EGR wires as a wideband input for logging into the PCM. :D

Image Image 2010 project (click pic)
1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles.
16.0 @ 84.41mph when stock. Now ???
Original L82 w/LA1, LX9, & LX5 parts!!!

soon to be OBD1 tuned...
piaras

Post by piaras »

Cliff8928 wrote:Well, this pic is from the original owner/creator of them when they were new...

I can snap a couple more of them from all angles though.
I've been away for awhile. I saw the link but it does not work anymore. I posted 3 more pictures of the headers when I had them off to send to get recoated the last time.

The new web page for pictures is now--http://wrx-now.tripod.com/beretta_headers/

MY91GT(Z)

Post by MY91GT(Z) »

those headers look sick who has them now should use them

Cliff8928
Administrator

Post by Cliff8928 »

I got the headers form piaras. they're a little worse for wear right now and need to basically be re-made.. But the design is killer.

Cliff Scott
IsaacHayes

Post by IsaacHayes »

The rear is convoluted though... Much better to run the primaries of the rear straight back down and join the front to it under the car like SuperDave's. The front design is great though.

soon to be OBD1 tuned...
wicked-irocz

Post by wicked-irocz »

Those headers will make more power and are a better design than those for sale. The problem is they would cost a lot more!

94 Beretta Z26 57,4xx miles
3100, auto, crank windows, power locks/trunk, A/C,
To many mods to list
-intercooler :shock:

Among beretta boards
1st Turbo 4t60-e
1st Turbo 3100
1st Turbo Z26
1st 94+ Turbo
piaras

Post by piaras »

The rear is convoluted but so are these!

http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/exhausttech.htm

IsaacHayes wrote:The rear is convoluted though... Much better to run the primaries of the rear straight back down and join the front to it under the car like SuperDave's. The front design is great though.

Asylum

Post by Asylum »

I have to agree that the long tube design Dave came up with would have been a much better project for our cars.

The S&S design, and the new ones from Forced are NOT the best, but may be the compromise.

Were I to spend the additional money to replace my S&S modified headers, I would be looking at custom built long tubes.

Eric

Asylum Motorsports
"Where we're not happy 'til YOU'RE not happy!

'91 California Quad (Gone with just a bit of "Seller's Remorse".)
'92 3500 GT gone and not really missed. It was fun. Documented 13.47 N/A.
Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

IsaacHayes wrote:Get that john-deer green lawn mower sounding engine part with the pull start cable below the "twin cam" out-ta here!!! :D

The header with the dual O2 bungs (one in both cross over tubes) is mine. The extra is for a wideband later down the road for WOT fine tuning.
And no, I'm not running EGR on the orange hot rod. Less heat and carbon, and I can use the EGR wires as a wideband input for logging into the PCM. :D
Good idea Isaac. I asked for the bung to be placed so that I could put a wide band in later.

keep'em flying!
IsaacHayes

Post by IsaacHayes »

Asylum, the reason long tubes were not considered for the L body headers by SDI, is that there would have to be several sets made for all the cars transmissions and motor setups. I'm not even sure it's possible to run long tubes like Dave's on a 4T60-E car.

The SDI/WOT headers fit all the V6's, all the transmissions. And being equal length they should make more power than S&S. And S&S makes at least 20hp to the wheels on a 3400.

soon to be OBD1 tuned...
Forced_Firebird

Post by Forced_Firebird »

They all aren't for the l-body, but you get the idea...

Old motor: 3.1 iron head turbo
Under construction: 3.4RWD/3500 hybrid 11.5:1SCR, ported/polished, 300adv dur cam, yellow springs, fabricated headers, Clevite Bearing, Mellings oil pump...
Future projects: 3.1/3400, and 3.4/3500 twin turbo
Cliff8928
Administrator

Post by Cliff8928 »

Not bad... I imagine that all the rear header is the only difference between all the different chassis.

Cliff Scott
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I would love to swap to the equal length ones if they didn't interfere with my coolant lines and oil pressure sender... I hate putting a T on a pipe fitting because they always end up leaking.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Forced_Firebird

Post by Forced_Firebird »

3X00-Modified wrote:I would love to swap to the equal length ones if they didn't interfere with my coolant lines and oil pressure sender... I hate putting a T on a pipe fitting because they always end up leaking.
Coolant lines have been a non-issue on most makes/models, the clearances are so tight, my own human error can make the difference weather or not you have to move the oil pressure sensor. If you do want to in fact run our headers, we can work something out to make sure you clear, but as stated on another board, you can always move the OPSU to the other side f the block, and cap the front port...

Old motor: 3.1 iron head turbo
Under construction: 3.4RWD/3500 hybrid 11.5:1SCR, ported/polished, 300adv dur cam, yellow springs, fabricated headers, Clevite Bearing, Mellings oil pump...
Future projects: 3.1/3400, and 3.4/3500 twin turbo