lbody headers...

Want to know how to get more out of your Beretta? Or have a mod you would like to share?
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Re: lbody headers...

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Forced_Firebird wrote: Coolant lines have been a non-issue on most makes/models, the clearances are so tight, my own human error can make the difference weather or not you have to move the oil pressure sensor. If you do want to in fact run our headers, we can work something out to make sure you clear, but as stated on another board, you can always move the OPSU to the other side f the block, and cap the front port...
There's an oil port on the rear of the block? the only other one I knew of was the fitting that comes on some of the Oil filter adapters, I always thought that was a slow responding port, but then again I was using a manual gauge with 1/8th line way back then, and I've seen the difference between 1/8th line and say 1/4" the gauge responds so much faster, and that was on a V8 tapped on the back of the block I did that testing.

What are the prices of these and whats the current wait? It's probably something I'll have to put off till this winter or spring time since I'm a bit tight on cash after my trip... but its definitely something to think about, I was getting ready to modify my headers this winter again to incorporate a V-band clamp on the cross over, but if it's possible for these equal length headers to get me a bit more stout then I may change my mind.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Asylum

Post by Asylum »

^^^ME TOO!^^^

I'm interested in upgrading.

Eric

Asylum Motorsports
"Where we're not happy 'til YOU'RE not happy!

'91 California Quad (Gone with just a bit of "Seller's Remorse".)
'92 3500 GT gone and not really missed. It was fun. Documented 13.47 N/A.
Forced_Firebird

Post by Forced_Firebird »

The RWD 660's all use that port for the OPSU.

I am making 8 sets now, not all of them are pre-sales. Trying to get ahead of the game and have some on hand. We also have a set that was returned (one of the first sets) because they didn't clear the slave bracket on an early manual transmission (should clear any auto, though).

Old motor: 3.1 iron head turbo
Under construction: 3.4RWD/3500 hybrid 11.5:1SCR, ported/polished, 300adv dur cam, yellow springs, fabricated headers, Clevite Bearing, Mellings oil pump...
Future projects: 3.1/3400, and 3.4/3500 twin turbo
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I would like one of the newer sets when and if I do get them.... I'm a bit more fond of your new TIG setup ;)

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Forced_Firebird

Post by Forced_Firebird »

Only a couple sets were made with a MIG :p

Oh, and with this batch, the OPSU might clear. When they are finished , I'll let you know. Will clear the id10t light opsu easy, maybe the guage type (long).

Old motor: 3.1 iron head turbo
Under construction: 3.4RWD/3500 hybrid 11.5:1SCR, ported/polished, 300adv dur cam, yellow springs, fabricated headers, Clevite Bearing, Mellings oil pump...
Future projects: 3.1/3400, and 3.4/3500 twin turbo
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Yeah I have the full cluster so I have the longer sensor. Mine is already covered with a spark plug boot because I figured I would protect it from any heat.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"