My new favorite engine the "shortstar" 3.5L DOHC V6

Want to know how to get more out of your Beretta? Or have a mod you would like to share?
Reptile_ZX

Re: My new favorite engine the "shortstar" 3.5L DOHC V6

Post by Reptile_ZX »

The Impala's have added some goodness to this thread, before that is was just full of fail.

Formally 94base3100 of Bstuff.
scd88ga

Post by scd88ga »

Reptile_ZX wrote:The Impala's have added some goodness to this thread, before that is was just full of fail.
Haha! True that! Seeing my dad (57 year old retired high school teacher) riding dirty in the Impala with the 20's and custom paint / interior is just friggin hilarious! :lol: :ROFL:

'94 Quad 4 H.O. 5 speed Z26, Red & Rare! 1 of 896 Quad Z26's and of those it's 1 of 167 red paint/gray interior!
Need A Quality Used Part? Contact me at Posihead Auto Parts!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Posihead ... 3779691724
beretta

Post by beretta »

my dad bought a 65 chevelle its ruff as hell but its all there, had a messed up built 305 in it but came with the original straight 6 and 2 speed trans. messed up 305 i mean it was built to the nines but weird lol, had 1 odd ball piston in it, where the lifters sit it was machined down and had a grove in the lifter hole i guess for more oil, but why on a 305 i have no idea, it has the double hump heads from a 327, and sounded really mean and snappy. but is now stripped down almost to a bare block.

It shows like 65,000 miles on the dash, the original engine looks almost like new. car sat in a storage unit for 13 years with a tarp on it so the body is rusty from the condensation, the body itself is solid, but the floors are bad and 1 spot at the back of the frame, im pretty sure dads going to fix it, i hope he does anyways, you can buy a hole floor pan new, and hes found a southern rust free frame already. would be pretty sweet to see it restored. its pretty much stripped right now and sitting out back of the shop for the winter.

1990BerettaGTZ2.3L

Post by 1990BerettaGTZ2.3L »

beretta wrote:my dad bought a 65 chevelle its ruff as hell but its all there, had a messed up built 305 in it but came with the original straight 6 and 2 speed trans. messed up 305 i mean it was built to the nines but weird lol, had 1 odd ball piston in it, where the lifters sit it was machined down and had a grove in the lifter hole i guess for more oil, but why on a 305 i have no idea, it has the double hump heads from a 327, and sounded really mean and snappy. but is now stripped down almost to a bare block.

It shows like 65,000 miles on the dash, the original engine looks almost like new. car sat in a storage unit for 13 years with a tarp on it so the body is rusty from the condensation, the body itself is solid, but the floors are bad and 1 spot at the back of the frame, im pretty sure dads going to fix it, i hope he does anyways, you can buy a hole floor pan new, and hes found a southern rust free frame already. would be pretty sweet to see it restored. its pretty much stripped right now and sitting out back of the shop for the winter.
looks like you got a 65 chevelle 300 or 300 deluxe 2 door sedan car, they are rare but the base model of chevelle like my 68, got a website for 300 series cars I love them because they are unique with diiferent emblems and interiors and trim than the Malibu and SS's and concours here's my site www.freewebs.com/chevelle300

1990 Beretta GTZ Quad,226 cams, 3.94 W-41 trans
1990 Beretta GTZ Quad 4, 3.61 muncie 5 speed (project)
1968 Chevelle 300 deluxe 327ci 4 speed M-21, 12 bolt 4.10 posi
1978 Chevy K10 Z77 Sport 4x4
1977 GMC Sierra Classic 25 454 crew cab
-Ryan
berettaboi

Post by berettaboi »

should we call the 60* v6's SUHC (single underhead cam) for clarity? lol

yes very nice cars you pops has (and you have as well) SC, and a very fun and rare project your pops has ahead of him Beretta.

4th one's a charm, 5th one is, beginnning to sound like this is an addiction...
95 black z26, '96 White z26 awaiting new life, and 2.5 mazda trucks