Throttle Linkage Swap for TCE 65mm

Want to know how to get more out of your Beretta? Or have a mod you would like to share?
Money pit Beretta

Throttle Linkage Swap for TCE 65mm

Post by Money pit Beretta »

Quick overview:
Tools needed
1. 8oz rubber mallet, or a deadblow hammer, or normal hammer with a wood block. You do want to smash the shaft end.
2. T15 Torqx(throttle plate screws),T20 (for IAC screws),T25 (for TPS)
3. 10mm 1/4 drive socket(3/8 drive will not work)
4. something like a wood bench or anything to set the TB on that won't trash the TB and have enough hight to let the shaft come out.

Ok lets get started, take off the TPS as this is where you are going to hit the shaft. Look at where everything is on the TB, how far the shaft is in and where the spring is sitting.Take the throttle plate out. IAC off too.
Set the TB on the work bench(put a piece of wood under it if you have a metal bench) and put the outside lip(where the air goes in) on the bench, spring down. The back of the TB should be toward you. With a wood block and a normal hammer you will need someone to hold the TB. That is why I used a rubber mallet. Strike the end of the shaft until it falls out. If it gets stuck on the lower bearing you can pull it out. Mine have always shot out an hit the floor(could put something soft under it). There are two things to keep track of when it hits. The spring and a little ring that keeps the shaft in place. That ring is on the TPS side and looks like part of the bearing. Try not to lose it, it keeps the shaft end play in check(I have heard that you can go without it, but I wouldn't).
You have the shaft out and are ready to put it into the other TB. Make sure that the sping is going the right way(flat tab to the body).
Now push the shaft into the "new" TB. When the spring gets close to the body place the flat end on the stop. Then turn the shaft 180 to load the spring(you will feel it getting tight). Make sure that it is in line with the other bearing.Then tap the shaft all the way in. The 3100 has a metal end where the linkage goes so you can hold everything in place and tap it in on a concrete floor.
Do not put the throttle plate in yet! First make sure that the shaft is all the way in. Then get that ring, it goes round side down(it won't do anything if it's not). Push it down as far as you can, then put the 10mm 1/4 drive deep well socket on top of it. Now you can use a normal hammer to get the ring on. With the linkage end on the concrete floor pound the ring down. Check end play until you feel little to no movement from the shaft. Just tap the linkage end on the floor and see if the shaft has moved up.
Time to put the plate back in. There are bumps on stock plates, they go down. Put the plate in and close the throttle. Put the screws in most of the way. Line up the plate in the bore. If you need to adjust more open the throttle. Just look at the bumps and the sides(hold up to the light see the gap on the sides from the back). Once it is even all around tighten the screws.
IAC and TPS back on and your done.
Last edited by Money pit Beretta on Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

keep'em flying!
Money pit Beretta

Re: HELP!!!!

Be sure to post if I left something out. It sounds like alot of work, but it's not.
Ring pic so you know what to look for.

Bent that one by putting it on backward.

keep'em flying!
Money pit Beretta

Re: HELP!!!!

TCE with 3100 linkage.

keep'em flying!
Money pit Beretta

Re: Throttle Linkage Swap for TCE 65mm

Thanks 3X00!

keep'em flying!
Money pit Beretta

As a side note for those that may ask I have also done this for a 3400 TB. Just in case you are thinking about doing the 3400 intakes swap on a 3100 and don't have the money for the TCE.

keep'em flying!
LOLVTEC

Post by LOLVTEC »

I just sent my 3400 TB into Milzy as a core, does he swap all this for me on the 65mm that he's sending me back?

90 Beretta GTZ
93 Beretta GT
89 Beretta GTU
95 Beretta Z26
95 Aurora
07 Colorado Xtreme
Money pit Beretta

Don't know. Bought mine from Ben and he would do it for a little extra cost.

keep'em flying!