What year 3400 LIM is tapped for our coolant pipe?

Want to know how to get more out of your Beretta? Or have a mod you would like to share?

Post by Guest »

I had the same one, slightly clearanced already... it still doesnt fit, and any material you take off of the rocker wont weaken it... trust me, i ran mine like that from 130k to 215k and never had a problem.

I need to take pics for someone else so I'll post those here too.  I just felt like I was gonna take too much off in the end and go through the runner before it would clearance so I just went for the corner of the rocker.  It's not much material removed either trust me.

Oh and just pull the rocker off to grind it down, dont leave it installed.

IsaacHayes

Post by IsaacHayes »

Yes pictures would be GREAT if you can do that.

Hmm yeah I guess you are right the rockers just come right off, forgot about that.
My manifold isn't ground down or machined like the 2000+ ones. It just seems the angle of the casting/mold is different of the runner. It's more flat/angular than round/buldging at least that's how others look from the pictures online. Maybe I will get even more lucky and my heads will have notches to accept roller rockers. Then I'll have to find some for sale hehe. But I will have already ground on the manifold some by the time I look.

What would you recommend to grind the rocker with? I have a stone wheel on a furnace motor (makes a great DIY grinder) but I'm thinking it's too rough.

But yes pictures would make my life easier!!  

Image Image 2010 project (click pic)
1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles.
16.0 @ 84.41mph when stock. Now ???
Original L82 w/LA1, LX9, & LX5 parts!!!

soon to be OBD1 tuned...

Post by Guest »

I just used a bench grinder, stone wheel... the rough area doesn't touch anything so it doesn't really matter if its rough, but yes check for those wonderful notches, being a 94, I really doubt they will be there though.  My 95 and my donor 94 didn't have them, if it were a 96 your odds would have been higher.

IsaacHayes

Post by IsaacHayes »

I forget who, but someone on one of the boards had a 95 3100 and had them. I'm doubtfull too that's why I said if I was very lucky. Don't forget them pictures, I'm very curious now to see how much/where at you ground on the rockers. Just 4 to grind on right?

soon to be OBD1 tuned...

Post by Guest »

yes just four.

PICS!!!

IsaacHayes

Post by IsaacHayes »

Cool. Not much to grind on the rocker. I need to take a pic of my LIM, because the runners look different inside compared to every other one I've seen that was 99+ style (even ones that were machined from the factory).

Thanks!!!!

soon to be OBD1 tuned...