3400 into a 90 base

Want to know how to get more out of your Beretta? Or have a mod you would like to share?
Jeremy Sipple

3400 into a 90 base

Post by Jeremy Sipple »

i have a 90 base with a 2.2l tbi. I want to swap a 3400 into the car how hard would this be for a first time swap?

Which cars have the 3400?
what kind of trans should i go with?
do i need a new ecm and wiring harness also?
Do i need custom motor mounts? etc

Sorry bout the newbie questions?

Jeremy

Jetfoi34

3400 into a 90 base

Post by Jetfoi34 »

not an expert but you will probably be needing new wiring harness, ecu and all that electronics stuff
probably just go with the trans from the car your getting the engine from
and motor mounts will be different

1991 Beretta GT 3400 5-speed -- black/garnet

1988 Beretta GT auto
17.355 @ 78.63

1991 Beretta GTZ quad4  -  R.I.P.
1988GTU

3400 into a 90 base

Post by 1988GTU »

I would swap the subframe rails also with a 3100 equiped Beretta, just so mounts dont need to be fabbed in place for the newer engine.

You have the auto too? (That is slow)

If not, the Manual SHOULD""' bolt up with a flywheel change.  

I am not positive on taht though.  

If you are going through all that, I'd::::
GOTO  THIS LINK
Find a 3400 (2001+) and a V6 Manual trans from a L or J body.  Snatch up the V6 subframe rails from the Beretta that had/has a Manual w/t V6 in it.  Grab the wiring harness & ECU from the Beretta also.  
Then proceed.

Good luck!

_________
-------------

3400 into a 90 base

Post by Guest »

I was up at 7:54 in the moring not have been to sleep but  hd a great idea for a car now.  So i go online and look for a Duad 4 car and a 3400.  I look at this site and someone is already thinking like me.    

Well i figured out all of the sensers and all the **** that you would need, so i wrote down all the sensers and the fuel rails and injectors and coil pack.  You would really just be gutting the old car and all the wire leading to the engine and putting in new wire and a new computer.  I really dont think this would be to hard for me. But you should always do your homework on it.  Like is the engine bay big enough for a bigger engine like this.  Its the little **** that will mess you up.  Also if you had a steady flow of cash that would be nice.  You also might need to wire a fuse box.

1988GTU

3400 into a 90 base

Post by 1988GTU »

*I* would just find another complete dash with all the wiring, find a complete 3400SFI, find a V6 equiped Beretta with a Manual tranny, steal the whole drive train and go at er'.  I figured, if you are attempting the swap with this setup to begin with, you MUST have a go cash flo to change and redo the junk.

_________
-------------

3400 into a 90 base

Post by Guest »

I have a 1994 Z26 Ecm and i was wondering if that would work for a 3100 (3400).  And also would the 3400 fit in with the manual tranny?  I figured it would but you never know!

3400 into a 90 base

Post by Guest »

yes, i have a 03' impala 3400 with a 88' 5spd, along with the 88' 2.8 ecm

3400 into a 90 base

Post by Guest »

Well I am IN the working of My Project Burrito 1991 and Well its hard.  But thats why I did it. ÂÂÂ

I would use an Engine Higher than a 1995 Simple thing but you never know.  I used a 2002 Grand Am Engine I bought off of Ebay for about $350.  So many cars and minivans have the 3400 in it.  Just go to Ebay and look up 3.4L or 3400. ÂÂÂ

Then You will need a 1996 or higher 3100 Engine Harness Because of OBDII. I dont know about the 3400 Harness but if they make it then don't think worry about the fuel rail swap.  AND also You will need an ECM/PCM OBDII also.  If the engine you buy is 1996 or higher then you need OBDII.  I bought mine from a guy from Bnet. He is smart with that stuff.

With the tranny I am just kepting the tranny in.  Manual.

On the motor mounts I am not sure yet, But I am sure you will have some drilling and need the 3X00 engine mounts.

But you will need other parts.  If you buy the 3100 Harness then you need to get the 3100 Fuel Rail and Injectors because of connectors.  Plus you have sensors to think of.

PLus also should get a Factory Manual if Not already Bought.  Handy to have always!!!

You should go to http://www.3400swap.com/  That should be your Bible for now.  It will be hard this relate to it because it talks about swithing a 3100 to a 3400.  But you will need the info on the engine.  Like what sensors and things of that sort is needed.  This is going to take lots of looking around cars and sites.  I have about 30 hours just on looking the manuals and planning what i will need and knowing I will find new stuff.

I dont know if you have a Digital Gauge Cluster but if you do I have no Idea.  IF not same here.  I dont know if work is needed in that area!

Lots of work But if you enjoy work go for it!!

Sorry bout the newbie questions?

DONT BE SHY THATS WHY PEOPLE ARE HERE!!

Keep Us Posted!!