Need Some Help/Suggestions

Want to know how to get more out of your Beretta? Or have a mod you would like to share?
TexanBerettaGT

Post by TexanBerettaGT »

So, heres my issue and im hoping a couple people here can help me figure it out.

This setup currently has no IC, and no turbo... So this brings me to the crossroads.. What turbo should I get for it ?. I was thinking a T3, But I'm not know a couple people here have played with turbos, some with more sucess than others but what do y'all think ?. (open ended question cause I don't remember whose running boost).

Odds are I'll relocate my battery to the trunk so that should free up some space in the bay. Keep in mind im also doing a 5spd conversion.

I'm hoping to put anywhere from 205-235 to the wheels, But I have my doubts on the stock internals helpin me out much there.

Exhaust manifolds WILL be ported and polished to some extint, probably extrude honed as well. Same for the intake manifold.

Also will a 2.5" exhaust be acceptable, or do I need to run 2.75/3 ?. Right now its looking like a 2.5 from the manifold back. I already have a highflo cat, just waitin until I find a muffler for a good price to install it all (exhaust will probably go on before turbo, just being realistic).

I may do a 3100 top end to compliment this but im not sure yet. Eventually I do plan to go 3400, but I'm running out of money fast lol.

Any good suggestions on an intercooler, and or anything I may be overlooking ?.

Also I have NO clue what direction of tuning im going to go at this point, so ideas are welcome here too.

Yeah, I know I should have thought all this through before I bought the stuff... But what the heck, no time like the present.

Thanks for the help.

wicked-irocz

Post by wicked-irocz »

a T3 with a .63 A/R turbine and Super 60 compressor would work great for a 3.1L.  A 3100/3400 works with the same well, but even better with a T3 (.63 A/R)/T04B S or V trim.

Save your money on the extrude hone, hp relies more on the exhaust after the turbo and less on whats before it.

2.5 would work fine but for 205-235 at the wheels (on a dyno that is calibrated properly and not a dynojet) your going to be better with a 2.75"

intercooler needs to have atleast a 2" inlet and outlet, 2.25" would be very beneficial though.

Get a burnt chip and 2 bar map for the tuning, your probably going to need bigger injectors also.  You might even be interested in getting your own chip burning setup, I believe they can be had for around $300 or get one burned for you.

94 Beretta Z26 57,4xx miles
3100, auto, crank windows, power locks/trunk, A/C,
To many mods to list
-intercooler :shock:

Among beretta boards
1st Turbo 4t60-e
1st Turbo 3100
1st Turbo Z26
1st 94+ Turbo