Mounts and stuff

Want to know how to get more out of your Beretta? Or have a mod you would like to share?
ettore

Mounts and stuff

Post by ettore »

Hello,

I have a '94 Beretta (3100) with at least a few engine mounts that could use renewing.  Where is the best place to get replacement mount rubber?

If it matters, the temps around here range from -10C -> 35C (14F -> 95F) and around 50% -> 100% humidity.

Thanks in advance.

Orange Mica Z26 205,000k Click to See
IsaacHayes

Mounts and stuff

Post by IsaacHayes »

1) For the main upper passenger mount I got a 95+ style mount (got it from a junked grand am). You'll need the black mount and the aluminum "t bone" that goes from it to the engine. The 95+ style is designed better and has a top part that goes over the center part to keep it from over-extending. I'm very hard on this mount and it's now got ~150k on it and doing fine.

I ripped my 94 mount in half and that caused the exhaust to rub when going in reverse, thud when giving the motor gas, and have a loud bang when going over bumps.

Now after you have the improved to the 95+ mount, you can stiffen it up even more. You can get a new solid one from some parts stores (look at their websites to see which ones they list as solid). I'm not sure if it's the whole metal mount or just the rubber insert you can get. I think the 95+ you can buy just the rubber insert, were as the 94 and older you had to get the whole metal thing. Also rksport.com sells a 95-02 polyurathne insert that I believe works with our mounts for $15. It will help the main mount not extend/flex as much.

2) For the lower dogbone, http://fastfwdperformance.com/ sells a billet aluminum poly dogbone. Some cars wear them out, some don't. My friends corisca's 3100 dogbone is trashed. Mine, it's like it's brand new. I don't get it.

3) The only other mount on our cars I belive is the transmount and I'm not sure if you can get a solid rubber one. But you could fill the spaces in it with poly urathene windshield glue.

Image Image 2010 project (click pic)
1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles.
16.0 @ 84.41mph when stock. Now ???
Original L82 w/LA1, LX9, & LX5 parts!!!

soon to be OBD1 tuned...