GUYS NEED YOUR HELP NITROUS AND TIMING

Want to know how to get more out of your Beretta? Or have a mod you would like to share?
wtbk

Post by wtbk »

Will I need to retard my timing while spraying 100-140 hp via direct port? Got forged 11.5.1 wiseco pistons, o-ringed block, cooper head gasker, eagle rods, and factory forged crank. If so how much would you recommend and what would be the cheapest to do this? Does these stock ecms retard timing via a knock sensor like the newer cars? I have a 1990 beretta with a 2.3 h.o engine. GUYS REALLY NEED YOUR HELP

Gtz with cold air intake,.40 over wiseco pistons 11:5:1,eagle rods,factory crank,adjustable cam gears, pnp 086 head intake and exhaust, felpro gasket set, air fuel ratio guage, dis 2,progressive direct port nitrous 80 to 150 hp shot,seperate fuel pump and fuel cell for nitrous,2.5 exhaust, w41 chip.
z284pwr

Post by z284pwr »

yeah, they take out timing from a knock sensor, but guess what, they only take it out, AFTER they sense the knock, by then with your setup, your piston's will be toasted.

With the crazy wild setup you go, a programmable EMS would probably be the safest as you can do it all yourself.  The Electromotive EMSs come with knock sensors, some of the more expensive ones do too...

You may look into the new programming of the stock chip that apparently they just solved and released?

Edit - Any pictures of this setup, it sounds pretty wild.  That setup would probably be one of the fastest Beretta setups that have been seen around these boards....

Brian Edwards
'73 Trans Am - 455/Auto
'79 Suburban - 454/Auto
'88 Beretta GT - 3.1/5spd
'90 Beretta Indy - 3.1/Auto
'90 TGP - 3.2 Turbo/Auto
'04 TSX - 2.4/Auto
wtbk

Post by wtbk »

Thanks for you help first of all.  Currently don't have any pictures but will post soom when I do a engine break down.

Gtz with cold air intake,.40 over wiseco pistons 11:5:1,eagle rods,factory crank,adjustable cam gears, pnp 086 head intake and exhaust, felpro gasket set, air fuel ratio guage, dis 2,progressive direct port nitrous 80 to 150 hp shot,seperate fuel pump and fuel cell for nitrous,2.5 exhaust, w41 chip.
rweatherford

Post by rweatherford »

Contact KillerQuad.  Just do an internet search.  He can help you with your questions.

Rex Weatherford
92 Beretta GTZ Quad4 Turbo / 5-speed (sold)
Best 1/4 ET =  13.523 @ 105.16 mph

07 Mazda 5 Black on Black (it's slow)

Post by Guest »

I would also get the head cryo treated. Upgrade the fuel pump as well so you dont risk problems later.
http://www.msdignition.com/sci_4.htm
That might help with the timming problems. I would have a RPM window switch for the nitrous to make it as safe as possible.

TurboGTU

Post by TurboGTU »

Doesn't the kit come with a sheet of how timming should be set per HP stage. IE 3* every 50hp or so.

The stock knock sensor is only used to sence knock due to octane tolerance.  Onece you go up in rpm..all bets are off.

88 IMSA Beretta GTU w/McLaren TGP turbo system. Crane 260 cam, Ported heads...Lots more. Soon Bullet proof 3t40.
90 Black Turbo Grand Prix  -- The restoration project.