Bought a new 1

Want to know how to get more out of your Beretta? Or have a mod you would like to share?
Z26-T

Bought a new 1

Post by Z26-T »

Bought a new beretta, 95 Z with manual swap and 3400 in it.

So I didn't do any of the installations on this car, but a couple things don't work. Lets see if I can get the answers I need .

Question # 1. Speedo doesn't work, but tac does. I'm guessing that he didn't wire up the speedo correctly, anyone have diagrams or pictures from when they did their swaps? He says it's a getrag 282. Also might help, looks like he has had the cluster out, now has a white face and that aluminum bezel that you can buy off ebay.

Question # 2. Just haven't spent more than 5 mins with the car, but would appear that the battery isn't charging. Does anything have to be re-wired when doing a 3400 swap? That way I just have to look for a splice instead of diaging other stuff .

And last question #3. What are your guys ideas about all I should do to make it stick to the ground better. Spins clear though 3rd. What tires do you guys use (does anyone change their rim size to get cheaper tires, and have a better selection)? What about suspension wise, been asking around and of course poly everything/kybs (the car has erebuni springs in it and the upper strut mounts are now popping when on a hard slow turn (no surprise there)). It has a 92 sub frame in it so he wouldnt have to weld the mounts, so what poly sub bushings are available for that? Also said he put addco front/rear sway bars in it, but i'll have to raise it in the air at work and pop off some pictures for you guys.

Thanks

95' Z26 Beretta- 3400, 282, exhaust. Lots of upgrades still in boxes...
79' Z28 Camaro- Not street legal- 12-1 compression, etc.
S. Comp. Dragster- DEI 350, 600 hp @ 5600, I take it to 7400.
2nejunkie

Bought a new 1

Post by 2nejunkie »

If im not mistaken the speed sensor wires from the rettas come out driver side...
Purple maybe.....

90 GTZ OBDII Intercooled Turbo 3400 5 speed (Beretta #16)
Wifey's car = 94 Cavalier Z24
Winter Rat = 99 Mitsubishi Mirage DE (1.5)
No one is more ignorant than those who falsely believe they are Free!
IsaacHayes

Bought a new 1

Post by IsaacHayes »

heavy woody can help.. i must have lost my info i got from him

Image Image 2010 project (click pic)
1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles.
16.0 @ 84.41mph when stock. Now ???
Original L82 w/LA1, LX9, & LX5 parts!!!

soon to be OBD1 tuned...
leadfoot93

Bought a new 1

Post by leadfoot93 »

yeah the wires are purple and yellow ithink thye come out of the speed sensor on the top of the passenger side and then cross over to the divers side but i could be wrong there.  You are definatley going to have to tune it once you do get it hooked up though so it it correct.  also depends on the year maybe the obd2 computer can't even read the old er style signal then you'd have to swap out the whole sensor and gear.

foot in the floor mpg about 8