Cheap and relatively subtle things I can do to my

Want to know how to get more out of your Beretta? Or have a mod you would like to share?
Obsessedw/Berettas

Post by Obsessedw/Berettas »

Does anybody know some minor mods I could do to my 2.2? I know it's going to be super slow no matter what, but gaining any power at all is cool. The car already seems to satisfy me okay, I mean, it's not Geo Metro slow.  

I plan to get an exhaust and a CAI next summer too.

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else."
- C.S. Lewis
1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

I think you covered your minor mod list.

Swaybar, Strut Tower Brace for those times you take fastie turns....  

_________
-------------
Obsessedw/Berettas

Q
U
O
T
ESwaybar, Strut Tower Brace for those times you take fastie turns....  
Yep. Those sound good. And I will do something about my FE1 next summer too.  

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else."
- C.S. Lewis
KFLO 93 GT

Post by KFLO 93 GT »

Make sure the first engine thing you do is the intake.  2.2 multi ports sound really pissed off with an intake on stock exhaust.    Sweet sweet memories from my old 94 Cavy.  

After that an exhaust, maybe a header, under drive pulley, the aftermarket for the 2.2 is decent, just the power potential isn't without forced induction.  Most of it depends on your goals, and how much you want to spend.

Otherwise, being a 92, you already have the "big" brakes, so I'd just put a good set of pads on it, the strut tower brace, and a swaybar.  Then springs, shocks/struts thereafter.  Make it perform better all around.

93 GTs
Obsessedw/Berettas

^^That sounds awesome. My car has more potential than I thought.If I modded the suspension, added a strut tower brace, and got me a swaybar, would my car make a relatively good autoxer? I've really wanted to get into that. I think it seems really fun and it makes more sense than drag racing - at least for my 110 hp wonder!  

- C.S. Lewis
KFLO 93 GT

Post by KFLO 93 GT »

Yeah, underpowered cars with good suspension typically do make good autoxers.  Less wheelspin, especially in corners.  Just learn the handling characteristics of your car, and learn how to drive it based upon how it drives.  Sounds redundant, I know, but my GT always kicked a lot of *** between the pylons.  Just beause I knew how it did it's best.

93 GTs
1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

Make it look fast...    

_________
-------------
TexanBerettaGT

Post by TexanBerettaGT »

Talk to Razzi (94base2.2) He had his 2.2 running with the 3100s. Intake, exhaust, header, plugs, new head, all the suspension stuff you can get your hands on, etc

KFLO 93 GT

Post by KFLO 93 GT »

Razzi also had a 5 speed, and his was a 94.  The 94s got another 5hp bump somewhere in the road.  They made like 120hp I think.

93 GTs
Obsessedw/Berettas

Q
U
O
T
EMake it look fast...  
Yep. My Indy kit (soon to be painted garnet) and GTU wheels will definitely do that.  

- C.S. Lewis