3100 Automatic Motor Mounts

Want to know how to get more out of your Beretta? Or have a mod you would like to share?
Nemesis

3100 Automatic Motor Mounts

Post by Nemesis »

Hi, I'm new to the forum and I have a 95 Z26 with a 3100. My question is what kind of improvements would I get if I installed the MRZ Dogbone mount and the upper engine mount insert. I believe I read it on here that an upper mount insert for a Cavalier would fit. I'm just starting out with mods because I just bought the car. I'm planing for future power mods and trying to find out what works and what doesn't. Thanks

Money pit Beretta

Re: 3100 Automatic Motor Mounts

Post by Money pit Beretta »

Hi, the dogbone will give you back 20 lbs/ft. With any change in mounts the car will shake more if the engine is running rough. Really a CAI would be a good idea, check the site, there is a nice guy here that makes them.

keep'em flying!
LX9Power

Post by LX9Power »

20lbs/ft to the grounds? that's alot!

Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

That is what I heard. There is no dyno info to back that up.Really I don't think it's that much. The rear bushing must flex, then the metal that connects them must move and then the front bushing will flex(then the power goes to the ground). That is where the power loss comes from.
If you have both the stock mount and the solid it's easy to see where there can be a power(energy) loss.

keep'em flying!
Barry
Global Moderator

Post by Barry »

No, a doggone will not make a difference in power or torque. It does increase response and cut down on wheelhop and drivetrain slop however.