3400 questions

Want to know how to get more out of your Beretta? Or have a mod you would like to share?
93gt--z

3400 questions

Post by 93gt--z »

Ok guys, after months of debating and getting parts, I think I wanna take the plunge...I want to get my engine next week, but I want to swap it then too...Wheres the problem?I NEED it finished and running by the 17th to go to the body shop for some work. I think I can do the actual work no problem, but I need to know that I have everything I need, and that I'm not forgetting anything...

First off-I have a 93 gt w/ 3.1 5speed.
Parts I have for the swap already:
-clutch, pressure plate, t/o bearing
-cherrypicker/engine hoist
-basically engine
-friends, and beer

Things I need to order in:
-95 3100 throttle cable
-steel power steering line(?)
-possibly more beer..lol

I can get the throttle cable ordered no prob, but does anyone know the exact part number I need for the steel power steering line?Is there anything else I am forgetting...? I know theres a few things like egr adapter, 3wire cts, but it will run without it for now...I just need everything to get it mobile at least for now...

93 gt-diza blitz kit,17's,3400/5speed...F'in A
90 gtz-rebuilt quad,17's,fx hood/kit,91+ dash swap
90 gtz-new crate motor,med grey dash swap
IsaacHayes

3400 questions

Post by IsaacHayes »

I'd hold off if you got an appointment with a body shop. Things never go as easy as expected, and you will likely run out of time or a part and not be able to get it right away.

Does a gen3 (3400) bolt up to a beretta that has a gen2?
I know the Jbodies (caviler) require an adapter engine mount....

Image Image 2010 project (click pic)
1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles.
16.0 @ 84.41mph when stock. Now ???
Original L82 w/LA1, LX9, & LX5 parts!!!

soon to be OBD1 tuned...
93gt--z

3400 questions

Post by 93gt--z »

92+ are direct bolt up. anything under 92 needs a new front mount. Very true about the deadline thing, but i was kinda thinking I could always tow it there as a last resort.....lol. I mean I live in the sticks, and the shop is only about 10 min up the road....

93 gt-diza blitz kit,17's,3400/5speed...F'in A
90 gtz-rebuilt quad,17's,fx hood/kit,91+ dash swap
90 gtz-new crate motor,med grey dash swap

3400 questions

Post by Guest »

I jus got my 3400 out of a 2001 montana van its got 96k on the motor, i was reading up on sum stuff and it says to get my computer tuned, wut if i use one out of a grand am gt with a 3400, and i havnt started on n e thing yet but roughly how long should this swap take and would it be easier to remove the master brake cylinder for more room to work, my tensioner on the 3.1 broke into pieces some how n my engine over heated n blow after a celebration of portugal n england, now i have nothing to get around in, im hoping it willl only take a couple of long days

penfold

3400 questions

Post by penfold »

if you read up on it ( www.3400swap.com ) and know what you are doing, as well as have all the necissary parts and tools ready, you should be able to do it in one FULL day.

It was my first time doing anything even near an engine and it took me a week of about 2 hours a day working and it started on the first try.

3400 questions

Post by Guest »

i just started to take apart the 3100, ive got the guide from 3400 but its based on 92 95 model cars, i dont kno if n e thing else is defferent from 96- 98, i got a mechanic to help he works by my body shop he said we can do it in a day i hope hes right, i miss my car