Beretta Turbo Updates

Want to know how to get more out of your Beretta? Or have a mod you would like to share?
wicked-irocz

Beretta Turbo Updates

Post by wicked-irocz »

Heres my crossover and downpipe.

This is how it looked as I left home last weekend

Heres some of my progress this weekend

I currently have the crossover connected, turbo mount in, turbo in, turbo to intercooler plumbing finished, IAT wiring extended and installed, turbo intake done, intercooler mounted, intercooler plumbed through radiator support, factory fuel lines altered and reinstalled, O2 sensor wiring extended and installed, battery relocated, and Im sure theres more.  I have yet to cut a factory wire  , Ive been extending everything using factory plugs.  Ive drilled 2 holes for the battery mount, 1 hole for the battery cable, and made the factory hole behind the battery bigger, no other new holes yet.

94 Beretta Z26 57,4xx miles
3100, auto, crank windows, power locks/trunk, A/C,
To many mods to list
-intercooler :shock:

Among beretta boards
1st Turbo 4t60-e
1st Turbo 3100
1st Turbo Z26
1st 94+ Turbo
nocutt

Beretta Turbo Updates

Post by nocutt »

Darn you ain't playing   someone has been a busy bee too...looks very very clean 3 banging hammers...      

Are the cross-overs coated?

IsaacHayes

Beretta Turbo Updates

Post by IsaacHayes »

Wow, CLEAN nice work! Those pipes look awesome!!

Why did you modify the fuel lines? and I hope you did it right leaks=fire=no more car!

Whats the black tube looking things by the wiper motor?

That turbo is a little small isnt it? But on stock compression I guess you don't need but ~5psi...

Image Image 2010 project (click pic)
1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles.
16.0 @ 84.41mph when stock. Now ???
Original L82 w/LA1, LX9, & LX5 parts!!!

soon to be OBD1 tuned...
wicked-irocz

Beretta Turbo Updates

Post by wicked-irocz »

nothings coated.  I sprayed all the pipes with a 1600* paint with ceramic and baked it.  I hope it makes it awhile.

I actually just moved the return a little and cut the factory FPR up and welded it so I can attach my return line from my SFMU to it so it can drain back to the tank.  I also welded a an fitting with a pressure port to the fuel rail where the FPR used to be.  I didnt cut into the factory fuel lines at all. ÂÂÂ

Black tube looking things that come down from the firewall are the throttle and cruise control cables.  Theres 2 short connectors sitting up there too just waiting to be used.

Thats the largest turbo you would want to use on a 3100/3400.  I picked it according to the compressor maps.  This is a T3/T04B with a .63 A/R turbine housing.  If I had my motor built enough and a programmable ECU I could run over 12 psi with this turbo ( I didnt look at the maps after that point).

EDIT* I just realized I forgot to add its a T04B V-trim. *EDIT

To many mods to list

Among beretta boards
1st Turbo 4t60-e
1st Turbo 3100
1st Turbo Z26
1st 94+ Turbo

Beretta Turbo Updates

Post by Guest »

that would be thermal wrap around the exhaust pipes. keeps the heat Inside that pipes instead of outside. Turbo=alot of heat= roast your car wires like hotdogs!!!

Beretta Turbo Updates

Post by Guest »

^^^^ guess i was wrong, they are painted . my brother went supercharged with his car, anyway he used header wrap so the heat would stay inside the pipes. Now hes going turbo and he says he going to coat/paint the custom exhaust that he gets.

Nice job with the turbo also

IsaacHayes

Beretta Turbo Updates

Post by IsaacHayes »

no not the throttle cables, but the 2" diameter looking things between the winsheild wiper motor and the brake booster. Looks like water pipe insulation foam things..

Maybe its your pics, but the compressor side looks small. The exhaust side looks plenty big.. Maybe I'm just used to staring at turbons on 3.8l's!  

soon to be OBD1 tuned...
rweatherford

Beretta Turbo Updates

Post by rweatherford »

The T4 is not a small turbo for that engine.  Probably plenty.  My turbo would have been plenty for stock internals.  His engine can grow a little with that turbo at a later date.

Rex Weatherford
92 Beretta GTZ Quad4 Turbo / 5-speed (sold)
Best 1/4 ET =  13.523 @ 105.16 mph

07 Mazda 5 Black on Black (it's slow)

IsaacHayes

Beretta Turbo Updates

Post by IsaacHayes »

True. I have stuck in my mind still the built up "pace car motor" idea with a 3400/3500 all tricked out. One of those probably would need something more if one got it flowing well enough. Where's the popcorn icon?

soon to be OBD1 tuned...
TurboGTU

Beretta Turbo Updates

Post by TurboGTU »

It's a good setup. Should do plenty damage on unsespecting v8s.

88 IMSA Beretta GTU w/McLaren TGP turbo system. Crane 260 cam, Ported heads...Lots more. Soon Bullet proof 3t40.
90 Black Turbo Grand Prix  -- The restoration project.
Conscious

Beretta Turbo Updates

Post by Conscious »

X2 on the cleanliness (sp?).
I thought I heard that wrapping without a ceramic coat especially on turbo pipes is a no-no!?!?

wicked-irocz

Beretta Turbo Updates

Post by wicked-irocz »

The car runs.  Only big issue I ran into was I bought the SFMU used and they had the 55 psi and up spring in it and the pressure turned way up and I forgot to lower it and had no idea about the spring so in my mad rush to get it running so I could drive it back to school... the fuel pressure gauge hit nearly 100psi then instantly fell to 60 psi because the factory high side pressure line that runs from the firewall to the fuel rail started leaking.  It was the hose so I cut off the steel clamps, double flared the ends and put some high pressure line there.  I have one small leak, my factory FPR is leaking a little where I had it TIG welded because I modified it to work as an adapter from 3/8" hose to the factory fuel line so I did not have to alter it.  Drilling the oil pan was fun, used a 90* drill and a bit I cut in half.  I have more but I got to head out, heres a pic, I was to busy to get pics after this point.

To many mods to list

Among beretta boards
1st Turbo 4t60-e
1st Turbo 3100
1st Turbo Z26
1st 94+ Turbo
Jeff P

Beretta Turbo Updates

Post by Jeff P »

That's some nice work, very clean

-Jeff P.
Black '88 Beretta GT
Spice Red '06 GTO

Previously Owned:
'89 GT, '91 GT, '92 GTZ (12.95@105 mph), '01 Bonneville SSEi

Beretta Turbo Updates

Post by Guest »

you forgot to hook the turbo up to the intake...

wicked-irocz

Beretta Turbo Updates

Post by wicked-irocz »

youll also notice theres no oil hooked up to the turbo in that picture but its definatly there now.  The car is fully assembled minus the exhaust from the downpipe back which Im going to finish on friday.

Ill get some more pics this weekend.

According to my dad it idles like my truck but I have yet to get it warm enough for the O2 sensor to correct the fuel tables so its running a bit lean at idle.  I was planning on running 25 psi static and 20 psi under vaccum but its running 26 psi static and 17 psi under vaccum.  I will be adjusting things more when I have it on the dyno.  I just had to get it running to get it on the trailer.

To many mods to list

Among beretta boards
1st Turbo 4t60-e
1st Turbo 3100
1st Turbo Z26
1st 94+ Turbo