Project B - 1991 3400 OBII 5-Speed

Want to know how to get more out of your Beretta? Or have a mod you would like to share?
Luckymc420

Project B

Post by Luckymc420 »

Well today is going to be a major change!  I did in fact mount it wrong. about an inch to close to the front.  AND I put in the heater core and well lets just say my daily is going to the junk yard as soon as I can get another car.  I am sick of F in with it.  Its old rusty water got under the carpet. bolts broke that hold the seats down. Just to many things on the wrong day.  I have been lookin at new cars but this just seals it.  I am going to look at my bills and see what I can get but I KNOW this car is done!

Project B!

1991 5-Speed Beretta with a 2002 3400 OBDII In progress.....
Money pit Beretta

Project B

Post by Money pit Beretta »

That's sad news, those are easy fixes. Yea I know, it's all about time to work. Could you try to sell it here or are you just going to part it out for the project?

keep'em flying!
Luckymc420

Project B

Post by Luckymc420 »

Well I take back all I said.  I can't give the car up that easy. I know I was very mad but wow its frustrating.  Ill fix the seat and the lights.  Its my first car and I just cant get rid of it.  But it really started when I found out I put the mount in the wrong place.

Project B!

Money pit Beretta

Project B

Very good news man, there have been too many people on Bnet that put alot of work into a car and give up on something small. Set backs... I know them all to well.  On the mount, there is a bar that the back of the mount bolts to. I didn't see that on the project car. What's the plan on that?

keep'em flying!
Luckymc420

Project B

Post by Luckymc420 »

Well I did plan on welding something there like it.  I got the black daily car working again so thats good.  Didnt look at the project car today.  I need to get out to the junk yard and see if I can find some parts.  I also got to figure out my tranny mount problem.

Project B!

Money pit Beretta

Project B

How is the black car running? If you get a spot weld cutter and a cordless drill that may keep you from having to fab something(I think you are doing enough of that) for the engine mount. The cordless will eat up the battery quick though. Well, it's just a thought.

keep'em flying!
Luckymc420

Project B

Post by Luckymc420 »

Black car running bad again. Heater core hoses are junk and leaking and I am also seeing steam coming from the rad. Oh and the Alt is giving me problems.  It only messes up when I get out of work at like 6 30 in the morning when there is fog around and she wont put out.  Sometimes it will kick on but this past week I had to drive it home waiting for it to die.  I plan on going to ames tonight and then back in des moines to throw some more money at it.  

I am just mixed up on if I should paint or not.  I think I will do it but I have been busy on the black car and going out with this girl a lot.  Plus house work.

Project B!

Money pit Beretta

Project B

Man I'd just take care of any rust and paint those spots. What I'm trying to say is that it's not going to be a show car(right?). GM cars.... everything is ok till one thing goes out, then everthing goes after that! So, everthing worked out with that girl(good to hear).

keep'em flying!
Luckymc420

Project B

Post by Luckymc420 »

Well got introuble this monday so I think i am done with the car thing.  Im sorry.

Project B!

KFLO 93 GT

Project B

Post by KFLO 93 GT »

Bummer dude, gotta hide the stash better bro.

93 GTs
Money pit Beretta

Project B

What! Oh crap! You may end up with time to work anyway and you may need something to do at home. PM me if you want to talk about it. Is your DL gone?

keep'em flying!
Luckymc420

Project B

Post by Luckymc420 »

Nothing is in writing but it looks bad. DL gone, house gone, job gone.  Nothing with drugs just drinking again.  I am very ashamed and just want to die.  I think i lost the girl to, but i dont even know if i ever had her.  Just a very bad week I have had.  Im very depressed and scared.

Project B!

Money pit Beretta

Project B

Ok man, it's time for a chat. This kind of thinking will make it worse.
PM sent!

keep'em flying!
Luckymc420

Re: Project B

Post by Luckymc420 »

WELLL... Didnt lose job, house, or DL. Just got to report to a PO for a year or so. Cost me some $$ buts it is worth it. But I do plan on getting back on track. The bad thing is I forgot where I was. I left notes but i guess not all of them. I got my life straight so I think I can get her done. PLus my dad is yelling at me to clear some space for his projects. (Sorry dad). I want to thank Money Pit for helping me through this hard time.

Money pit Beretta

Re: Project B

It's about time that you updated this topic(lol)! Your welcome man, it was a tough time and I'm glad to have helped.

keep'em flying!