genral light modquestions

Want to know how to get more out of your Beretta? Or have a mod you would like to share?

Post by Guest »

i have a 90 tempest 3.1 . I want to do some light modifications just for fun without blowing the motor or the bank.
Getting rims and tires first and have intake/new plugs.
Wondering which chip is best
jets or Hypertech. Want to run as best per on premuim fuel.
then want to do suspension mods from the berrata gt or better. not sure what all to do first that way.
Anyother cheaper mods that arnt to agressive i guess.

rweatherford

Post by rweatherford »

The Tempest probably has the same rear suspension as the Corsica, which is the same as the early J/N-bodies.  You can bolt on a front swaybar from a W-body to the rear suspension of your car for a VERY stiff rear bar.  Be careful though....

Springs are the same between the J/N/L-body, so you may be able to find some used springs easily.

I wouldn't get a chip unless you are going to run premium fuel all the time.  Use the money on making a good cold air intake and doing some exhaust work.  I would not use my money on the Hypertech or Jet.  Both are proven to do nothing.  FFP should make a chip for your car that will actually make HP.

If you want performance then rims and tires need to be lighter than the factory wheels or your car will handle worse and be slower.

Rex Weatherford
92 Beretta GTZ Quad4 Turbo / 5-speed (sold)
Best 1/4 ET =  13.523 @ 105.16 mph

07 Mazda 5 Black on Black (it's slow)