Port matching

Want to know how to get more out of your Beretta? Or have a mod you would like to share?

Port matching

Post by Guest »

Ok, Tomorrow im taking my intake, t-body, and heads to a shop to get them matched to the 3400 ports, only 1 question how wide do i want them? I know the t-body will go to 57mm, how big do i widen the ports on intake and heads?

and btw im geting this done FOR FREE!!! rock having a dad that owns a car shop.

Also he has a turbo off a well **** i forgot, but if its big enuff to power the motor it should work right? its off another auto car i just for got witch. all i need is the pipes, hoses, and other ****. Does/can anyone here make the parst i need to install this thing? ill get th specs on the turbo tomorrow.

1988GTU

Port matching

Post by 1988GTU »

What year beretta?
You have the SFI init right?
For that turbo......
You'll want to have the chip redone, or if you are using OBDI.5-II it'll need a stand alone/piggy back setup.

_________
-------------
Racing_Rush

Port matching

Post by Racing_Rush »

You use a dremel to enlarge the ports to the size of the gaskets that you have.  So put the gaskets in place then use a sharp pointy peice fo metal to scribe a line in the aluminum tracing the gasket.  Then do that to the other half of the intake and port till you almost hit the line.  Then change the metal bit to a sand paper bit and smooth it out till you hit the line.  You also want to smooth out any edges and bumps.  Personally though with 3400 intakes I wouldnt worry about it cause they are so big already.

1991 Cavalier Z24- Racing seats, MSD wires, relocated MSD coils, 2.5" exhaust, ported exhaust manifolds, high volume oil pump, poly grafite front end, 92+ brake upgrade, drilled and slotted rotors, 1.5" lowering, 17" Klasse wheels...

Future Plans: 18's, paint, rear discs, more horsepower...
wicked-irocz

Port matching

Post by wicked-irocz »

Gouki, we need more info, year, do you have a 3400 in it or just the top end.

94 Beretta Z26 57,4xx miles
3100, auto, crank windows, power locks/trunk, A/C,
To many mods to list
-intercooler :shock:

Among beretta boards
1st Turbo 4t60-e
1st Turbo 3100
1st Turbo Z26
1st 94+ Turbo

Port matching

Post by Guest »

oh sorry its a 92' GT W26  3.1 (all the used engine places around here wanted to much cash for the sfi ÂÂÂ ) so anyway i have the tools to enlarge so ill just buy a gasket set for a 3400 and enlarge?

wicked-irocz

Port matching

Post by wicked-irocz »

No, a 3400 gasket set will not work for a 3.1 in fact, hand porting of the intake manifolds on one is not really worth it.  Just buy a 2000+3100 or a 1996+ 3400 top end, they flow much better stock.

To many mods to list

Among beretta boards
1st Turbo 4t60-e
1st Turbo 3100
1st Turbo Z26
1st 94+ Turbo

Port matching

Post by Guest »

why go spend money wheni can get this done for free. Im putting a new cam in tuesday so im taking the motor apart anyway. Witch gasket set can i get that will work with the 3.1?

Spending $100+ for a 3400 topend

1988GTU

Port matching

Post by 1988GTU »

You'd just have to take a set of new gaskets and exacto knife the gasket to the size you want it ported.  That's the only way I know of.  If there's a better way let me know.

_________
-------------
wicked-irocz

Port matching

Post by wicked-irocz »

(Gouki @ Nov. 21 2005,00:13)Q
U
O
T
Ewhy go spend money wheni can get this done for free. Im putting a new cam in tuesday so im taking the motor apart anyway. Witch gasket set can i get that will work with the 3.1?

Spending $100+ for a 3400 topend
The 3.1L and 3400 have complely different intake manifolds, the 3400 gaskets will not work.  The runners on a 3.1 are about twice the length of the runners on a 3400 and cannot be ported to even close to the size of 3400 runners.  Unless you cut the flanged area of the lower intake off and then built your own runners your not going to get a 3.1 intake to flow like a 3400  

the gasket set you get to work with the 3.1 is the one for a 3.1

To many mods to list

Among beretta boards
1st Turbo 4t60-e
1st Turbo 3100
1st Turbo Z26
1st 94+ Turbo