constructive criticism/ideas welcome! Indy rims, fiero wing

Have a favorite combination? Need new tires? What size wheels fit a Beretta? Ask here...
berettaboi

constructive criticism/ideas welcome! Indy rims, fiero wing

Post by berettaboi »

this is slightly double posted/overlapping the facebook page, but doesn't hurt for more coverage and brainstorm action.

I picked up these rims from another member tvc3-gtz in Massachusetts a week or so ago, and just tossed them on (one side only actually!) to see how they sit in their stock indy teal/green color against the stockish black Z26/GTZ body... I will very likely be painting the green insets another color to better match my car, and leaving the stock aluminum finish... just likely sanding and then clearcoating to renew the stock look. I may look into painting them close to gunmetal though, likely a little lighter shade than as dark as gun metal...
Attachments
2012-08-28 16.06.56sm.jpg
2012-08-28 16.06.49sm.jpg
2012-08-28 16.06.22sm.jpg
2012-08-28 16.05.52sm.jpg
2012-08-28 16.09.13sm.jpg

4th one's a charm, 5th one is, beginnning to sound like this is an addiction...
95 black z26, '96 White z26 awaiting new life, and 2.5 mazda trucks
berettaboi

Re: constructive criticism/ideas welcome! Indy rims, fiero

Post by berettaboi »

also the wing: I am not currently satisfied with how it sits. A member on the facebook group posted a great idea/pic of the lower stands made for a fiero. That picture is ultimately what I would love for it to end up like. (that rest of the car... the Fiero, i will get at a later date!). I will have to look further into getting a set of those lowered stands, but as was mentioned as well, they were likely a small batch, and non more to be found/sold.

I will pull it back off and look into modifying the stock height stand, but I'm not sure that I can get more than half inch off of it... I would hope for an inch, and also a bit more angle down in the front. otherwise, I personally, am happy with the shape of the wing on my car. I was going to order a 60" touring wing, as that is what i really like, but came across this fiero wing locally at a good deal ($100 cheaper than the $150+ new touring wing). figured "give it a shot!", as i have not seen it mounted on a beretta before.
Attachments
2012-08-23 09.43.59sm.jpg
2012-08-22 17.33.16sm.jpg
2012-08-23 09.43.44sm.jpg
2012-08-28 16.07.35sm.jpg

berettaboi

Post by berettaboi »

I personally like the full bra, i know some different standpoints on that, but that's for me...

Rettax3

Post by Rettax3 »

I like the wheels on the car even better than the Z-26 rims you had. I agree that painting the inserts would be best, unless you put some teal stripes or accents on the car to re-connect the wheel inserts to the body. On my teal Indy, the paint is so badly shot that when I repaint the car, I will be doing it in black (I will be needing new Indy stickers for it, unfortunately), with teal stripes down the hood, roof, trunk, and spoiler, and the side body-molding will also stay teal with the black insert as stock. Since the Indys also had a body-color stripe in the trimming around the side-windows, that should be enough tie-in for the teal inserts in the wheels to make it all look like they belong together. The color-scheme for my Indy is exactly as GTiIndy had it planned-out, except he was going to use flat-black on the ground effects and black-out the aluminum parts of the wheels (except for the outer ring of the rim). Incidentally, that car has a Fiero GT wing on it too, as does my '86 Fiero GT and my '97 Turbo Z-24. Lowering it might be a nice touch on the Beretta -it is a BIG wing. I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with...

1989 SuperCharged 3800 Srs-II (First)Six-Speed GTU
1990 Turbo 3.4 5-Speed T-Type
1990 4.0L 4-Cam 32-Valve V-8 5-Speed Indy GTi (Project)
1990 Stock(!) 3.1 MPFI Auto Indy
1995 LA1/L82 4T60E Z-26
1995 3.4 DOHC Turbo 5-Speed Z-26
berettaboi

Post by berettaboi »

thanks. yes, i'm still rocking the indy wheels. i had a used set of michelin hydro edge tires put on, and they are easily the best tires i have ever had! excellent grip in all conditions (so far, we'll see about ice/snow soon enough...). they will get a black or gun metal insert and the rest polished treatment in spring though.

the wing, it's on the back burner at least till after christmas... my trunk lid has been "happily"(?) sporting black duct tape patches over all spoiler bolt holes... i'm classy like that.