Cai for 1990 gtz

Post information about intake systems. Either purchased or custom made
01ss

Cai for 1990 gtz

Post by 01ss »

Does anyone have a site that sell a Cold air intake for a 1990 Beretta GTZ with 2.3 high output engine? Or pictures of one thats been custom made?

Asylum

Re: Cai for 1990 gtz

Post by Asylum »

Where's Ryan?
Send "Styluss" a PM
He makes them.

Eric

Asylum Motorsports
"Where we're not happy 'til YOU'RE not happy!

'91 California Quad (Gone with just a bit of "Seller's Remorse".)
'92 3500 GT gone and not really missed. It was fun. Documented 13.47 N/A.
Gtzman

Post by Gtzman »

I wish it was that easy...

weba

Post by weba »

Never seen this done with AC piping on place.

Asylum

Post by Asylum »

Well I learn something new everyday!!
Aaron never developed one?

Eric

Asylum Motorsports

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Asylum wrote:Well I learn something new everyday!!
Aaron never developed one?
And Styluss doesn't have a donor car to develop one on... and everyone wants a bolt on deal and doesn't want to spend the money to develop one of their own.. sounds like a HUGE dead end to me. Kinda like wanting new dew strips... or aftermarket shift cables...

:burn:

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Styluss
Global Moderator

Post by Styluss »

No Asylum, Aaron never had them mocked up for a Quad. I have ideas, and I have seen it done (Paully), but without a car to test fit it all on it is indeed a dead end. I have a donor car here in Colorado, but he is three hours away making it very difficult to do.

I really do want to develop an intake for the quads, but as stated this is difficult. However as I said it is very do-able.

1989 GTU - The Nice Car
1989 GTU Mock - The Neglected Car
1989 Base Model - The Rally Car
Rettax3

Post by Rettax3 »

Quick! Somebody donate a '90 GTZ Quad car to me (preferably with a sunroof, and no rust, thanks!), and I'll develop a CAI for it! :wink: I'll even build it to spec, aluminum or stainless if preferred! :pardon:

1989 SuperCharged 3800 Srs-II (First)Six-Speed GTU
1990 Turbo 3.4 5-Speed T-Type
1990 4.0L 4-Cam 32-Valve V-8 5-Speed Indy GTi (Project)
1990 Stock(!) 3.1 MPFI Auto Indy
1995 LA1/L82 4T60E Z-26
1995 3.4 DOHC Turbo 5-Speed Z-26
Asylum

Post by Asylum »

Styluss wrote:No Asylum, Aaron never had them mocked up for a Quad. I have ideas, and I have seen it done (Paully), but without a car to test fit it all on it is indeed a dead end. I have a donor car here in Colorado, but he is three hours away making it very difficult to do.

I really do want to develop an intake for the quads, but as stated this is difficult. However as I said it is very do-able.
I should have stayed in Denver a couple extra days 6 years ago!

Almost unbelievable Aaron never did a Quad CAI!!!
Mr. Nitrous Quad and host of the forced B'Fest in Denver never did a Quad!!
:beer:

Eric

Asylum Motorsports

speedy

Post by speedy »

if you put your fan on the other side of your radiator, and reverse it, you could just put a cone filter on the end of the intake.... why make the air flow further? lol

1991 beretta GTZ- 2.3l w41 cams, ported 086 head with a 3 angle valve job, fidanza flywheel with exedy racing clutch, 3.94fdr from and scx, so much more..
weba

Post by weba »

Because that would be downgrade with all the hot air sucked from the engine bay.

Also it's good for flow to have have some tube there so you do have some air 'moving towards' the engine even when shifting. < dumb explanation but it just works better :)

speedy

Post by speedy »

never thought about all the hot air flowing against it... lol. but then again, i gotta ask, why on the 90 and 91 quads are theyre coolent lines running through the throttle body? i know this is off topic, but wtf? its the first thing i rip off my quads.

1991 beretta GTZ- 2.3l w41 cams, ported 086 head with a 3 angle valve job, fidanza flywheel with exedy racing clutch, 3.94fdr from and scx, so much more..
Rettax3

Post by Rettax3 »

speedy wrote: why on the 90 and 91 quads are theyre coolent lines running through the throttle body? i know this is off topic, but wtf? its the first thing i rip off my quads.
It takes a very specific atmospheric condition of temperature and relative humidity to cause throttle-body icing on a fuel-injected car, it is almost just a hold-over from carburetors -I said almost. I don't go out of my way to ditch these components, but I don't often go out of my way to hook them back up if they've come off of my cars for any reason, either. EGRs are the parts I take efforts to get rid of -dumping hot, dirty gasses back into my intake defeats the point of cai's and even air-filters, IMO. EGRs have their purpose, but in the long-run, I feel that they do more damage to the efficiency of an engine than they do good with the deposits they leave, and they are just one more component that can fail and cause problems.

1989 SuperCharged 3800 Srs-II (First)Six-Speed GTU
1990 Turbo 3.4 5-Speed T-Type
1990 4.0L 4-Cam 32-Valve V-8 5-Speed Indy GTi (Project)
1990 Stock(!) 3.1 MPFI Auto Indy
1995 LA1/L82 4T60E Z-26
1995 3.4 DOHC Turbo 5-Speed Z-26
Koots

Post by Koots »

speedy wrote:never thought about all the hot air flowing against it... lol. but then again, i gotta ask, why on the 90 and 91 quads are theyre coolent lines running through the throttle body? i know this is off topic, but wtf? its the first thing i rip off my quads.
That's why most aftermarket intakes are called CAI's but are actually Warm Air Intakes. There are companies that sell true CAI's for popular cars, but they are much more expensive, in relativity. They do help reduce the IAT of the engine and can help make more peak power, but the intake tract is very long and can reduce low RPM power due to velocity loss, but that's more of a worry for TQless compact cars and not the V6s or high output 2.3L's.

As for the coolant lines, they have a purpose for cars being sold all over North America, especially up here in the Arctic. Having driven a few cars without this feature, it can get really dicey when the temp drops below -40* (it's the same in Fahrenheit and Celsius)

01ss

Post by 01ss »

Since no one seams to have a picture of one or even knows of one made. I'm just going to fab one up with some chrome piping I have from other cars!