Z26, GTZ, GTU and Indy Decals

Vent shades, black outs, things like that
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Re: GTZ, GTU and Indy Decals

Post by 3X00-Modified »

90INDYLIN wrote:I was not complaining, I was just letting you know that there was a color in 3M just for info...sorry. just trying to help.
Understandable but I'm not working with 3M and I'm not working with cut vinyl, I have to match it to the colors I have at my disposal and this is as good as I can get it. From my understanding people in the past asked 3M do re-produce these since they were the original makers (my info could be wrong) and they were told they didn't want to touch it due to ownership issues... At least that's what I was told at one time.

Sorry if I came off as mad about it, but it just always seems to be once I am about 2 ft from the finish line someone tries to show me a better way to go when if I hadn't touched this project to begin with no one would have anything in process.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

themixer wrote:I would love a set if original GT logos for my 1991 Texas car but i don't think they have quite the following
Same thing applies...

If people can get me originals or pictures of originals that are usable to trace to vector files then I can get this stuff re-produced. I just need GOOD quality straight shot photos with scales in them so I can convert them over to the right sizes. It has to be nice and square of a camera angle too, and not too close where you would get lens distortion.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Ok, here are some more revisions... had him do it in just "pink" and not a layer of pink and process magenta.

the lower decal is the double layer of pink, the upper is the one with the process magenta, these are also laminated too.

I'm leaning towards offering both colors so people can get a slightly darker pink or a more pink pink if they want it. The original is like right in the middle of the two shades I can get printed, but I think it's closer to the lighter pink than the darker.

I'm also thinking of going with a darker charcoal for the lettering unless I can get his machine to accept a metallic charcoal film that I found online somewhere.

You can see the dilema with the charcoal in these next few photos,

Silver decal looks great

The printed charcal on the top seems too gray... in comparison to the oringal on the bottom

BUT get the original in the light and you end up with this...

So once again I may offer the choice of the plain flat charcoal look, OR you can get it in black. That is if we can't get the metallica charcoal to work on his machine.

Let me know what you guys think.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Asylum

Post by Asylum »

I think you are doing a great job on a product that is going to have a VERY small demand.
Now if I/we can find someone to cough up the GTZ stuff, that might generate some interest and demand.
Just my .02

Eric

Asylum Motorsports
"Where we're not happy 'til YOU'RE not happy!

'91 California Quad (Gone with just a bit of "Seller's Remorse".)
'92 3500 GT gone and not really missed. It was fun. Documented 13.47 N/A.
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I would tend to agree, but if I don't get any originals to copy then I have a problem seeing the interest... You would think if someone really wanted them they would get an image up here since they can obviously see what I'm capable of doing.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

So is Eric right here? There seemed to be interest in this before and i opted to not get into the banner world because Styluss was going to produce them, but now IndyGurl is apparently the go to on all of this? Should I just stop where I am and level with the decal company and move on? I'm not going to invest any more time into this, including GTZ decals, if no one is ever going to ask for any of them.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
1990BerettaGTZ2.3L

Post by 1990BerettaGTZ2.3L »

I wonder if I can get one through GM their website of replacement parts still says I can for a GTZ and its like around $50

1990 Beretta GTZ Quad,226 cams, 3.94 W-41 trans
1990 Beretta GTZ Quad 4, 3.61 muncie 5 speed (project)
1968 Chevelle 300 deluxe 327ci 4 speed M-21, 12 bolt 4.10 posi
1978 Chevy K10 Z77 Sport 4x4
1977 GMC Sierra Classic 25 454 crew cab
-Ryan
danzindy

Post by danzindy »

I am finishing a yellow Indy restore and missing a good bumper decal. Were you able to get those made?

Cal

Rettax3

Post by Rettax3 »

3X00-Modified wrote:So is Eric right here? There seemed to be interest in this before and i opted to not get into the banner world because Styluss was going to produce them, but now IndyGurl is apparently the go to on all of this? Should I just stop where I am and level with the decal company and move on? I'm not going to invest any more time into this, including GTZ decals, if no one is ever going to ask for any of them.
:deadhorse: I know, I know, but it is what I do. Jon, you have done absolutely fantastic work trying to get this put together for the community. Thank you. I am still very much on the fence regarding my V-8 Teal Indy. Now that I have the Yellow one, I am leaning back towards painting the Teal one correctly, but I really liked the scheme that GTiIndy had for that car, doing it up in black with teal accents and stripes. I've been thinking that teal fender-decals would look great on that, but I think I would rather go original silver for the fenders either way -especially since I'm undecided on the base-color of the car still. As for the door and rear bumper decals, a teal "indy" instead of pink would be my first choice if I am going black with the car -is that doable with what you have? I would rather wait until I have the car back together and running and the money set aside to paint the car, but if it helps keep your process moving forward and show support, I will go forward with getting the decals sooner (depending on cost, of course), especially if they are available now, and may not be available later (who knows what may happen in the next year or two -look how bstuff dropped-out). I've gone back on this thread a couple of pages, but I haven't read-through all seven recently, so I apologize if I've asked questions that are already with answers -something like this needs to be updated every so often anyway though.

So far as the Yellow Indy charcoal concerns sit, something a little closer to original would be nice, but if it can't be done it can't be done. I wouldn't get a concussion over it banging my head against the wall. My Yellow Indy was repainted at some point with a crappy single-stage paint (no clear-coat) that has faded and oxidized very badly. It has rejuvenated very well with rubbing-compound, but it is still very second-class to me. I doubt I'll repaint the car in the foreseeable future, but if I had an extra set of yellow-car decals sitting around, it might make me feel better. Do you think discounts for multiple sets would come into play?

I would also be up for a spare set of GTU decals, but I am really hoping to modify the decal prior to printing to read "3.8" or "3800" instead of the original "2.8" and possibly "Super Charged" instead of or in addition to "MULTI-PORT INJECTION", although I am not super concerned with that last part. But the paint on that car is getting worse every day, and I need to start planning for a re-paint before too long, or I'll have to face at least some touch-up work just to protect the car from rust...

1989 SuperCharged 3800 Srs-II (First)Six-Speed GTU
1990 Turbo 3.4 5-Speed T-Type
1990 4.0L 4-Cam 32-Valve V-8 5-Speed Indy GTi (Project)
1990 Stock(!) 3.1 MPFI Auto Indy
1995 LA1/L82 4T60E Z-26
1995 3.4 DOHC Turbo 5-Speed Z-26
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Ok, well I can have these printed yes... The METALLIC charcoal is out, I can print it in just dark charcoal though if wanted... I can't get a metallic color in with the charcoal though. The only metallic I can print is the silver unfortunately, limitations of the film printer being used. Now the Teal color I should be able to do, but I'd need to know what you want to match it to, like a swatch of something so I could find the best match.

I called around to other local decal shops and one guy I spoke with said he was the only one in my area that had a Roland printer that would do metallic but since the demand wasn't there he bought it with double CMYK cartridges... At least he said he doesn't know of anyone else with that printer... Other places I've contacted never replied.

And no one has contacted me about getting these made including the banners for the windshield which I can have cut in any color in less than a day with simply making a phone call. Instead IndyGurl said she could get them made and a few rushed to her almost immediately, so I sad F-it... if anyone wants anything they will send me a PM and for now I'll just drop this project and stop wasting my time.

I've also never been given a good GTZ image to turn into vector art so that once again will not happen. I don't have access to a GTZ so I can't get a photo to work with. Same goes with the GTU, but there was someone already selling those, or found the original makers of them that were willing to remake them, I think.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

Jon Barthel sent me some GTU decals and I am creating the vector artwork for them. I am also going to make a font in Typelight where the text under the "GTU" can be customized to say whatever.

I can probably make the GTZ decals from the same artwork just by referencing an old photo I have from my GTZ and lining it up with the GTU artwork. Obviously though, it would be easier with a GTZ decal in front of me. I do have an old graphic that I made in college (without a reference decal) that is pretty close, but I wouldn't trust it to be exact.

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
Asylum

Post by Asylum »

The GTZ decal I bought of a member on here is dead nuts perfect, but I haven't seen him on here in ages (not that I would remember his name anyway, LOL)

I should have bought two!

Only problem is it is NOT clear covered and I'm worried about it aging and falling off. Although to be fair it's a pretty good quality piece.

Eric

Asylum Motorsports

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Is it die cut vinyl?

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Asylum

Post by Asylum »

I believe so, but then what the hell do I know.
It's still on there, looks 100% original and hasn't curled at all.

Eric

Asylum Motorsports

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I was wondering if those were die cut original or if they were the same as the indy's and were printed on a clear vinyl backing.

If people didn't care about Indy replicas being die cut vinyl this would be WAY easier and I could probably match the charcoal color, but the purists want the printed on clear backing so printing options limits the color choices.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"