comeon... I want three circuits!

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
DTMAce

Re: The Tim German Project. Updated 02-05-13

Post by DTMAce »

You know that isn't a problem Jon. lol All you have to do is ask. ;)

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

More updates. I was able to get near a nice low temp oven today. 170 degrees for 10 minutes. Made this easy as pie:

These were taken with my RugbyII, so sorry for the blurryness. And the size. HA.

Now that I have them apart without breaking anything, I have to separate the internal parts, clean the heck out of things, repaint some stuff (I usually repaint the internal lens black areas, the black put on at the factory is crap), touch up the outer bezel's black, do some polishing on different areas, etc. Going to try one method of darkening the light without using any tint, but if the results aren't what I will like, I will then apply a very light tint. It won't take much on the tails, but I want to get it closer to matching his newly refinished rear fillers. :D Then they will get a new bead of the tar stuff when they go back together and resealed like factory.

I may have to replace the nut fasteners on the one light, they are rusted pretty good. May come apart when I take them off. No biggie though.

Edit:

I will do new pics once I'm back home. Sorry everyone!

Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

Travelor
Global Moderator

Post by Travelor »

If you won't use RGB LEDs, than I am NOT INTERESTED!

1988 GTU
1990 GTZ
Beretta Preservation Society Chairman

"Have you painted your car in a parking lot today?"
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Where did I say that? And why would I? You are only going to get whatever color the lenses are, unless you run clear.... Can you elaborate?

Travelor
Global Moderator

Post by Travelor »

Just giving you crap man! Though I would have to admit something like this is pretty cool! (if not super time consuming..)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKQzz_YMxSE

1988 GTU
1990 GTZ
Beretta Preservation Society Chairman

"Have you painted your car in a parking lot today?"
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Bad part is, those don't appear to be RGB LEDs... Just bright red ones, or they are only using the red portion. RGB=Red,Blue,Green. Tri-color LEDs if you will. They can make ANY color, just by mixing, changing intensity, etc, even white to a point.

They also cost 3 times as much and unless you are going to make different colors, are pointless in these applications, hence why you would want clear lenses.

Yes, the setup for building those are way more intense. More wiring, more configuring, etc. They are probably using an RGB style of light primarily for simplifying the wiring alone. The strips I use have segments, 3 LEDs per segment, whereas RGB have 1 LED per. (on some setups). Or they can be customized, as long as they have a current limiting resistor for each LED.

Total pain the ass to make on your own, but if they eliminate some of the fuss with those setups its a bit easier. You have to be able to light each LED individually, rather than the strip at once. Hence the larger amount of wiring and circuit building. Not a simple task, unless most of that is already built into the strip.

Yes, I will agree its cool, but not really to my taste I guess.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Keep watching the video... and then watch part two, they are RGB lights.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Ugh. Apparently I didn't watch it far enough. LOL If you guys want things like this, someone needs to come up with clear lenses for the tail lights. Removing the inner panels isn't the answer either. Downside, picky cops will nail you for a mod like this if you use it while on the road.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

DTMAce wrote:Ugh. Apparently I didn't watch it far enough. LOL If you guys want things like this, someone needs to come up with clear lenses for the tail lights. Removing the inner panels isn't the answer either. Downside, picky cops will nail you for a mod like this if you use it while on the road.
Well if you look at what he did in part 2, he used that to produce the Orange color for the turn and it starts lighting up on the inside and moves outward, then the parking light is a white light... which yes could get you in trouble in some area's... but I don't think he was planning on using the RGB flow he had pictured there on the bench at any time.

This would probably work better for a front lens anyways, allowing it to glow white at parking light setting then blink orange or something like that. Way too much brain power for me to come up with though... I like OEM lights.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

I can already do white/amber now. White for running lamps and yellow for the turns for the front lamps (with clear lenses) Just not a sequential pattern. Yet.

I'm with you on that, OEM styling looks better in my opinion. And most of my work stays to that.

Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

Wild, just freaken wild. Also could be called far out.

What are you going to use to keep moisture out of the switches?

keep'em flying!
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Essentially the housing. Unless you dunk the light under water, I really don't anticipate too many issues. I will be resealing these lights with new OEM sealant, and supplying some stuff for the bulb sockets so they seal good to the housing.

Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

Ok sounds good ACE.

keep'em flying!